Used 2004 Buick Rainier SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

Rainer
By abr

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Buick Rainer is loved by both my husband and myself. We have had zero problemswith it and have not been back to the dealership for anything. We have a V8 which gives more than enough power to tow our 5000 lb. boat.

Favorite Features

Ease of entry & exit from vehicle and the fact that it automatically levels itself when we hook up the boat trailer.

Suggested Improvements

none.

buick rainier
By hank killion

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Most comfortable SUV ever ridden in. It tows my 4000 lb boat better than expected. Highway mileage is about 20 mpg.

Favorite Features

Turning radius

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders and rear storage compartments

Chuck chooses
By Chuck also

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I like many got tired of driving and in a almost prone position. The size is perfect for my business driving and love it on trips. The one thing I missed was my previous car had heads up display. I assume this will be added in the very near future. The handling is fantastic as you can make tight U-turns with little effort. Keep up with bringing us great vehicles.

Favorite Features

For once the features blend into an outstanding system.

Suggested Improvements

Privide heads up display.

Buick Hits Home Run
By New Oreans Buyer

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

VERY smooth and quite ride. Handles well Agree with current owner, it could use more storage. Cross bars for roof rack should be standard. This seems a little cheap on Buick's part for a car in this price range. Same with front seat side air bags. Would love for it to have had the Buick famous icon (the three holes on the front quarter panels). This would have been the icing on the cake for exterior. Too new for reliability opinion. Only one defect at delivery. The console lock would not hold down the cover whne bumped. New lock clip was ordered.

Favorite Features

Insulation equales very quite car. Smooth ride. Luxury of vehicle, both inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

storage. Roof rails and side air bags std. Longer sweep on pasanger wiper blade. It leaves a triangle which is in driver's view. Put the Buick icon (three holes) on the front two quarter panels. Add number of gallons burned in the driver;s info. This was very accurate & useful on my 98 Blaze

Buick Rainier
By Cpik

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this SUV! I have owned it for 8 months now and have not had any problems. The ride is smooth. The features are excellent. I love the dual function heated seats and the in- dash 6 CD changer with XM radio. The sound system is incredible. Everybody that sees this SUV loves it. I get compliments on it all the time. I am planning on getting another one when this lease expires. I highly recommend it!!!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, 6 CD Changer, XM Radio, Rear Seat Controls for Audio and Temp.