2004 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Not my fathers buick
By crash1 on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Rainer with AWD is about the most stable 'truck' I have ever owned. It's road manners are excellent, and I was suprised at the sure footedness when I took it off road. I was sure I was making a compromise in buying the Buick version of the TrailBlazer, but the AWD changed my thinking fast. I took it on muddy tracks that other 4X4's were having trouble with, the AWD just stuck to the path and never bogged down once. Like I said before, its a very stable vehicle on city streets, highways, and cow paths.

Its a good ride
By Bob Klem on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

First there aren't many around yet,which means not many after market add ons.Wanted an American built suv and this fit the bill just right.Not an over abundance like the Explorer or Jeep.

Ranier vs. Lexus 330
By Simon Belmont on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Comparable or better to Lexus RX330 in quiet ride (we have both vehicles) in our family. Solid feel when driving due to body on frame design - much more so than Lexus RX330 with unibody construction. Interior is somewhat sparse compared to Lexus RX330 and doesn't feel as open as Lexus, but has very good leg room. Could use more interior storage areas. Better value than RX330 when considering that GM Dealers will discount $3,000 to $5,000 off of window price with incentives etc. Good lease vehicle through GMAC.

I LUV MY RAINER
By jane,p on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT QUIET RIDE.NICE LUXURY FEEL TO THE SUV. SEDAN QUALITY IN AN SUV. LOVE THE XM RADIO. RATES HIGH WITH MANY SUV PRODUCTS OUT THERE BUT WAS THE QUIETEST RIDING OF 99% OF MANY OTHER VEHICLES THAT I DROVE.SURPRISED THERE ARE NOT MORE OUT THERE.NICE TO BE THE ONLY RAINER IN MY COUNTY

Instant Love
By ssanders on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My eyes were drawn to the body style, sleek with enough definition to break the boredom. Nice tail lights. I'm getting warm. Comfortable seating, roomy interior, up to the minute features. Checked out Onstar and found their response immediate and friendly, even after I apologized for the non- emergency call. It was instant love and continues to be a growing red-hot love affair with my new Buick Ranier.

An Upgrade I LOVE
By montana467 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was a past owner of a Rendezvous; The upgrade is fantastic. Very quiet, easy handle, responce is great. A little rich on gasoline--but worth it! My children love the leg room compared to Rendezvous.

Thoroughly Researched
By TrainDR on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Pulled ahead in lease program from 02 Rendezvous. Looked at Infinity G45, Lexus RX330, VolvoXJ90,Nissan Murano,Dodge Magnum Wagon,GMC Yukon and Chevy Tahoe Z71. One test drive says it all. Smooth operator-heated seat backs is a nice plus--but when Tahoe has 290 horse, why spend up to five thousand more to feel like you are driving a truck. Rainier handles better, feels and looks like a Cadillac, sitting up higher yet feeling stable and secure in heavier truck. Good combination of engine choice and transmission.We are so impressed with Buick's new addition and are very satisfied with it.

i luv my raine
By jane p on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

overall very happy. quiet drive. nice to be the only one in the neighborhood or county with a Rainer.It is rhe only suv out there with a true luxury car ride.i am starting a rainer club. honk if you spot one. hope we will see alot more on the road.

An All New Buick?
By oaa9898 on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This may be an all-new Buick, but its really just a rebaged GMC Envoy. The interior plastics are too low rent for this class, materials in the Lexus are much better. The car has been in the shop 3 times in two months, so much for reliability. The IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) SAFETY ratings are also VERY LOW, so much for the "solid as a rock" feeling that one reviewer described. Don't fall for the marketing hype, it may look pretty, but the quality, and more importantly the safety, is not up to par with the competition. Another thing to consider is the price, given the expected resale value of this SUV, it is overpriced.

Not your doctor's Buick
By RDJ on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is solid, and quiet. Not disconnected from the road, but pleasingly insulated from it! The engine is smooth and powerful. The seats are firm yet comfortable.