Used 2004 Buick Rainier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rainier

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

We love it
By Andrew

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car as a refined long distance transport and we are not disappointed. It (V8) has all the power we need when we want it. It is quiet enough to appreciate the Bose sound and the wonderful XM radio system. We paid a little more and opted for the small upgrades on the 2005 model. The test car was parked on a hill lot with the lot rim just in front of forward wheels in a foot of frozen snow. I had to apply a fair amount of power to overcome those conditions. You could feel the AWD come in and the rear didn't move an inch sideways as I hauled it up and out. Right there we decided that we didn't need another 4X4 to address our daily needs this car was perfect for us... so far.

Favorite Features

AWD, Bose sound. Sat/Nav. Gorgeously comfy heated seats. Leather smell on opening the door! I really like the body design of these GM SUVs.

Suggested Improvements

More safety features inside. Redesign dash.

Best SUV for the Price and Features IMHO
By Subhash Bhattacharyy

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a 2004 Buick Rainier. Went with the 2004 for the 3000 savings, and with 7000 in additional incentive from GM, I got one heck of a deal. The ride is smoother than the MDX, 4-Runner or Sequoia. Love the quiet interior, best built American SUV.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Quiet Ride

Suggested Improvements

3 Row Seat

LOVE IT:)
By LIN

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Rainier in August and I cannot say enough about it. It rides beautifully. WHen I am talking on my cell phone no one even knows I am in my car that is how QUIET it rides. Only thing that I can see is that the gas mileage isnt the greatest but which SUV has great mileage? Thanks BUICK.....

Favorite Features

The body, dual climate control and how solid the truck is. Made very well inside!!!!

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage and a little difficult to set the heat and air conditioner. Gets confusing with the blue and red and having to keep turning the knob.

Rainier
By dedapr

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very responsive and fun to drive. The V8 gives enough power.

Favorite Features

Sat Nav & XM radio make this car a winner. I would not have bought w/out. Very quiet ride and great sound system especially at low volume.

Suggested Improvements

Front drink holders are not so good. W/ smokers kit only one available and hits drivers hand if you rest hand on gear shift. Moon roof should close when ignition is off. Rear seat right side headrest can create a blind spot.

Buick Rainier is a HIT
By L. Dennis

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Driven right off the bat to our vacation spot. Handled well, comfortable to ride in, unlike other SUV's which seem like a truck ride. Easy, easy easy to get in and out. Even elderly can manage and kids. We love our Ranier. Planned to buy something smaller, this is perfect.

Favorite Features

Winter, heated seats. Summer, rear air/con and fan. Ample hauling room for our needs. Love the Satellite radio it came with. Plus On Star

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.