2004 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Long Rides Enjoyable
By James Jenkins on 09/22/05 00:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I travel a lot. I have found the Rainier a pleasure to drive for hours at a time. My partner also shares in the driving and I sleep quite comfortably in the reclining passenger seat, although I would prefer the seats to have a little more of a bucket-seat form to provide a more settled feel into the seat. Overall, this ride feels and handles more like my older Buick Park Avenue than an SUV. I luv it, just what I was looking for!

An Excellent Choice
By C. Jones on 07/06/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very surprised at the performance of this vehicle. No return visits to fix problems, and it just is excellent to have. Quiet, comfortable, handles good, with better than expected gas mileage. I bought it 3 months ago and went across the states from south to north and then from east to west coast. I really love it. Has the goodies on it, but they came standard, not at added expense. I had a Mercury Grand Marquis before and this vehicle lives up to the comfort and ease of driving that the Mercury has, besides having the luxury items that a Mercury spoils you with. They are hard to find, but well worth the trouble and time spent.

Surprisingly Good
By rainer owner on 06/21/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first GM product in many, many years. With 13,000 miles on the odometer, the vehicle has been completely reliable. The only visits to the dealer have been for oil changes. It rides very well and is extremely quiet, much better than a Pathfinder that I owned in the past. I am pleasantly suprised.

A joy to me, my SUV
By dmcd on 02/22/05 12:05 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, very happy with Ranier. Recently returned from 5000 mile driving vacation, so put it to the comfort test. Our report is we enjoyed the ride and comfort, we did not get tired though some days included lots of miles. Lots of Christmas presents, golf clubs, luggage were stored well with back seat down. Window tinting makes it difficult to see cargo area contents, providing some sense of security. Very windy days produced excessive noise around the passenger front window. Styling of car got many stares from interstate travelers. Averaged over 19 mpg for entire trip, including city driving. XM radio made this a delightful trip, as well. Our first SUV, maybe a hybrid in 5 years??

Buick Rainier
By Talltom58 on 02/15/05 09:24 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the most fun of any I have ever owned. My fourth Buick, this is my first SUV. The ride is comfortable, and with plenty of leg and head room for a 6'6" guy. It handles well on the road and I have tested it in urban and rural, flat and mountain terrain. In the winter snow, on hills, it never hesitated to give a feeling of full control. Sight lines are good. Fuel mileage is good for a vehicle of this type.

We love it
By Andrew on 02/07/05 10:23 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car as a refined long distance transport and we are not disappointed. It (V8) has all the power we need when we want it. It is quiet enough to appreciate the Bose sound and the wonderful XM radio system. We paid a little more and opted for the small upgrades on the 2005 model. The test car was parked on a hill lot with the lot rim just in front of forward wheels in a foot of frozen snow. I had to apply a fair amount of power to overcome those conditions. You could feel the AWD come in and the rear didn't move an inch sideways as I hauled it up and out. Right there we decided that we didn't need another 4X4 to address our daily needs this car was perfect for us... so far.

Best SUV for the Price and Features IMHO
By Subhash Bhattacharyy on 01/13/05 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a 2004 Buick Rainier. Went with the 2004 for the 3000 savings, and with 7000 in additional incentive from GM, I got one heck of a deal. The ride is smoother than the MDX, 4-Runner or Sequoia. Love the quiet interior, best built American SUV.

LOVE IT:)
By LIN on 01/05/05 23:03 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Rainier in August and I cannot say enough about it. It rides beautifully. WHen I am talking on my cell phone no one even knows I am in my car that is how QUIET it rides. Only thing that I can see is that the gas mileage isnt the greatest but which SUV has great mileage? Thanks BUICK.....

Rainier
By dedapr on 12/22/04 04:34 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very responsive and fun to drive. The V8 gives enough power.

Buick Rainier is a HIT
By L. Dennis on 11/11/04 21:14 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Driven right off the bat to our vacation spot. Handled well, comfortable to ride in, unlike other SUV's which seem like a truck ride. Easy, easy easy to get in and out. Even elderly can manage and kids. We love our Ranier. Planned to buy something smaller, this is perfect.