2004 Buick Rainier SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
LOVE MY BUICK
By LOVE MY BUICK on 05/16/09 11:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love my Rainier! I tow a 5,000 pound camper every summer with no effort and no problem. The only thing I dislike is the heat system. Can't figure it out! Love everything else about it. Will be disappointed when have to replace and cannot buy another. Mine is loaded with every imaginable extra. Have read the owners manual more than ever in any other vehicle! Would recommend this vehicle highly.

Yeah, I really would rather drive a Buick
By Eugene Evans on 02/19/09 15:01 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Buick because I use a wheelchair to get around, and the car I had was unable to hold the lift, and the wheelchair at the proper level.It bottomed out constantly. The Buick has all the room and comfort you expect from a Buick, and at 6'2", I have plenty of leg room. As far as some people complained about fuel mileage, I am getting 18mpg around town, and get 28mpg on the highway and I don't drive like the proverbial Little Old Lady just because I'm handicaped.

McDonald's Buick Rainier Review
By J McDonald on 01/02/09 09:55 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this car for 18 months and have really enjoyed the power of the 5.3 liter V8 and the interior comfort is excellent. Perfect for our family of four.

Great!
By candygurl on 06/08/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this SUV. I have been in many SUVs and own a Suburban. I really like the room for me and my 4 kids and the drive is nice and safe. Safety is a big plus. The kids really enjoy the fact that they can control their a/c temp. Even though the gas is not much different than the Suburban I really am enjoying my new toy.

Buick Ranier-SUV
By jconeputt on 11/15/07 17:53 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 2004 Buick Ranier used with 22,000 miles and has been a great vehicle. This SUV has a 5.3 Liter, great power and better fuel economy than the V6 model. Great for towing. Great for extended road trips. Vehicle now has 55K miles with now service related problems.

Used Rainier Purchase
By Seaclusion on 10/28/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Recently purchased used Rainier with V8 34000 trading in a GMC Envoy 6 cyl.First impressions are very favorable.No complaints and has a better ride than the GMC. Also V8 is a major plus for this vehicle. I have noted that AWD seems to engage in reverse as noted by one of your participants which will require watching.

Great ride
By born1980 on 08/15/07 08:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We had been looking mostly at imports and then stumbled upon this little known beauty. It is amazing the amount of car we got for the price. It is hands down the quietest vehicle I have driven, cars included.

Buick...I thought they had better quality
By ???? on 04/27/07 15:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Buick Rainer has 57,000 miles. Every three or four months since I purchased the SUV I have had major problems. The drive train, the driver side seat, and major problems with the four wheel drive mechanism. I am very luckly that I purchased the extended warranty. I would not recommend purchasing this SUV. Just recently one dealship that I brought it to because it was making a very loud banging noise said, "You must have purchased a Friday afternoon car," after they saw the long list of things that I have already had to fix. Basically agreeing that there are and has been some major problems with my SUV. Buyer beware. I would not recommend this SUV

Wouldn't You rather drive a buick!
By Joseph on 01/12/07 10:16 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Rainier 12/06. Have driven it about 600 miles so far. Love it! I wish I had gotten it alot sooner. I have driven, and was willing to buy the new '06 Explorer, but after driving it and deciding it wasn't all what they said, I decided to try a Pathfinder. Too expensive. So I decided to try a TrailBlazer, Envoy and such. Drove the Buick and was sold! I love the power, quietness, options and such. Explorer comes with one power-point, where Buick has three. Also if you go to U-haul they won't rent you a trailer if you have a Explorer. Enough said about the tranny.

Great Value
By Will on 01/03/07 17:53 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth and quiet ride. Great truck on a long trip. Love all the options. Great value. Too bad Buick does not know how to market this vehicle as I do not fit the over 50 age group who would "rather be driving a Buick". I bought the truck by a chance viewing on the car lot.