2004 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Buick 4X4
By Marzetta Thompson on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I looked for months before buying. I tried (road tested) every luxury SUV on the market. Some were to big, some were to small, some had to hard of a ride and I really stumbled across the new Buick Rainer. It has a wonderful ride, lots of creature comforts like heated seats. I like the pep, the smooth ride. Best vehicle I have ever had.

Fabulous!!
By annettem on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 5th SUV we have owned in the last 7 years and so far, the best!! We have owned 3 Ford Explorers and a Mercedes Benz. They all ride hard; the Benz being a little more comfy but still not adequate. The Rainier is very smooth riding, which is paramount to us in an SUV. The heat/AC system is perfect..no fooling with knobs adjusting temps. all the time. The cabin is extremely quiet,supportive but comfortable seats, excellent audio (we didn't opt for the Bose) and a joy to drive. Car steers and handles very well. The outside design of the car is classy. Buick has come through with a gem.

One Great SUV
By vnique on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV that gives a great ride that is quiet. The seats are very comfortable, especially with the adjustable lumbar support. This SUV makes driving a pleasure again.

Class & Performance
By Al Pal on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When we saw the Ranier in the dealer showroom we both were immediately impressed with the classy look, both inside and out. This is a rugged SUV that will look exceptionally good heading for a formal event. It rides like a dream. Quiet, comfortable and full of exhileration - even with the 275 HP 6 cylinder engine. This engine stands right up there with the V8s. The Buick name tag is a plus (at least to us). We had a 1985 Riviera (One of my favorite cars) and a 1988 Skyhawk (which we had bought for our daughter). Both were great cars and we expect the Ranier to be even better.

Buick Rainier - a pleasant surprise
By Mahleen on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I researched all the luxury midsize SUV's I narrowed my list to RX330, Highlander and 4Runner Limited, FX35 and the Buick Rainier. The FX35 felt like a station wagon, the interior is cramped. The 4Runner rattled and lacked the quality Toyotas are known for. The Highlander exterior design is dull and price is high. Down to two; the RX330 is comfortable, luxuriously appointed and well constructed. To my surprise, the Rainer matched the RX330 in each category except the interior is not as luxurious BUT the Rainier outclassed the RX330 with its rock solid feel. Rainer’s solid construction, amenities and GM’s financing make it a true value.

Getting acquainted
By palex on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Previously had a van so there is an adjustment going on. The ride is excellent as well is the handling. Had running boards installed but they still do not give much of a platform to enter or exit vehicle on. The rear door is very restrictive for getting in or out. Wind noise is more then I expecdted at highway speeds. Fuel economy is only about 13.8 in town. Have not been on the road yet. Rear seart belts are difficult to connect because of a very short anchor strap. Rear seat heater is o.k. at low speeds but makes too much noise if it is turn up. Brakes feel somewhat spondgy right now..will have to have the dealer chect them.

Buick Rainier - rock solid!
By nrund on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After researching all the luxury midsized SUV's I narrowed the list to; Lexus RX330, Toyota Highlander and 4Runner Limiteds, Infiniti FX35 and Buick Rainier. I test drove all five again. The FX35 felt like a fancy station wagon. The 4Runner was a disappointment as it rattled and lacked the quality Toyota is known for. The Highlander reminded me of the RX300 I was replacing, the dull exterior and price didn’t warrant serious consideration. Only the RX330 and Rainier remained. Both are comfortable, luxuriously appointed and well constructed. Rainer’s rock solid construction, luxury amenities and GM’s financing make the Rainier a true value.

Disappointing
By Pa on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Poor quality exterior finishing, grill misaligned. Lightweight metal is too light,bends in and out washing and waxing. Interior poor design of center console,shift,cupholders. High wind noise even higher pitch on windy day. Passenger door actually moves in and out with vibration on very windy days. Front hood emblem position forces you to have to pull hood up holding this plastic piece. A rod to hold up hood? This is a top of line vehicle. Should have gas charged openers. Just another example of cheapness along with the carpet grade.

great buick
By hayes on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

had a gmc envoy, doors rattled. no rattles in the buick very quiet.very nice ride

Very quiet & comfortable
By alm on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Compared to the GM lineup, the Buick has more elegant feel. It is very quiet and acceleration is smooth.