2004 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Buick Rainer
By Gene L. Garrett on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. Very quite and fun to drive

Love it!
By Tami17a on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My first SUV. Love everything about it. I purchased the V8 model and am happy that I did. The engine is very smooth in transition.

A Great Vehicle for Two-Driver Household
By Carroll on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Has a lot of performance and features for $31k. V-8 has tremendous mid-range torque and highway passing ability. Interior finish acceptable for American vehicle. Two person instant memory on seats, pedals, mirrors, etc., etc., allows you to get a good driving position without compromise. XM digital radio is even great around town (no interruptions). Bose works well for adult sounds (jazz, vocals, classical). Quiet and comfortable ride for 4-5 people. Handling is o.k. for full framed mid-sized SUV.

A great choice!
By dratnol on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned a Lexus with major reliability problems, I purchased this Buick last November. My job keeps me on the road a lot and this vechile has been great so far. It is very comfortable, handles very well, and is a high quality truck. The interior fit and finish is great and the exterior has uniform gaps amonst body panels. This vechile is extremely quiet and I have been very pleased with this choice.

Nothing beats a V8!!
By yukon on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I drove the 6 cyl and then the 8 cyl back to back on test drives. WOW! What a difference. The V8 only gives you 15 more HP and 50 lbs/ft torque but it drives like a whole different vehicle. I needed the V8 to tow our 5200 lb travel trailer and it does well towing it.(with Weight Dist. Hitch) The Rainer does it as well as the Silverado I traded in.

Girly Chic!
By pirtfest on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

As a very feminine woman, it surprises me that I chose a Rainier. I had been looking at the Cadillac CTS and test drove the Rainier. I was hooked immediately. It rides like a sedan, it's easy to get things in and out of the rear hatch, and folding down the seats is easy. Gary Bibb at Dutton Motor Company in Riverside, CA did me a real favor by showing me this vehicle.

My Rainer
By Hopey on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is awesome. I could not be happier. Its fun to drive and comfortable on longer trips. I also have a '97 Lesabre that is still going strong. I got rid of an Expedition for this Buick Rainer and would do it again in a heartbeat.

LeSabre was great. So is the Rainier
By GJH on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My 1988 LeSabre T Type was a fabulous car, and I hated to trade it in. But, it was time. A lot has changed in 16 years, and the Rainier has more gadgets and toys than I really need but I like them. Engine and transmission are very powerful and smooth. Handling is extremely agile. Braking performance is top notch. I traded a great performing vehicle for a new great performing vehicle. The interior and exterior styling are easy on the eyes, and very functional.

my rainer
By sxc on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

rides and handles like a car rather than a truck. Nice pick up. Driver information center could use more data. It was an excellent choice at a good price.

Larry's Review of Buick Rainier
By Larry Yoder on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my Rainier after close consideration of many other brands of SUV's. I felt the Rainier was far and away the best value for the price. After driving the Rainier to Florida from Ohio I was not disappointed with my choice. The car handled beautifully , there was virtually no road noise, the ride and comfort was excellent, the interior design and features are excellent, the car has an overall solid feel. I am a little disappointed in the fuel mileage. I figure it cost me an extra $20.00 for my trip to Fl. but, considering the comfort and features of the Rainier I can easily live with the mileage.