2004 Buick Rainier SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
McDonald's Buick Rainier Review
By J McDonald on 01/02/09 09:55 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this car for 18 months and have really enjoyed the power of the 5.3 liter V8 and the interior comfort is excellent. Perfect for our family of four.

Great!
By candygurl on 06/08/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this SUV. I have been in many SUVs and own a Suburban. I really like the room for me and my 4 kids and the drive is nice and safe. Safety is a big plus. The kids really enjoy the fact that they can control their a/c temp. Even though the gas is not much different than the Suburban I really am enjoying my new toy.

Seatbelt
By IfIcouldfly on 06/27/06 14:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I think GM has finally achieved a seatbelt that is uncomfortable for every body type. The front belts come from the seat and cut into the neck of tall or large people and hit smaller people in the face. So you can get the the seat belt extension for free that enables you to move it around more however then the belt does not not lock in place making the safety value questionable.

Fun,Safe and Dependable
By Dr d on 12/26/05 21:35 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This Buick Is a very stable platform . Fun to drive due to great handling for us , the average driver. Speed and acceleration that makes you feel young when you need it, entering a freeway or getting out of a jam. Sometimes, just showing off. It just feels good to know that you're in command of the road on occasion. Plenty of room for passengers & Luggage. Easily maneuvers in any grocery store parking lot and brings the bacon home safley. Might keep this for 20 years.

An Excellent Choice
By C. Jones on 07/06/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very surprised at the performance of this vehicle. No return visits to fix problems, and it just is excellent to have. Quiet, comfortable, handles good, with better than expected gas mileage. I bought it 3 months ago and went across the states from south to north and then from east to west coast. I really love it. Has the goodies on it, but they came standard, not at added expense. I had a Mercury Grand Marquis before and this vehicle lives up to the comfort and ease of driving that the Mercury has, besides having the luxury items that a Mercury spoils you with. They are hard to find, but well worth the trouble and time spent.

Rainier
By dedapr on 12/22/04 04:34 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very responsive and fun to drive. The V8 gives enough power.

A Great Little SUV.
By Dr Tom D on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Fun SUV to drive Small footprint,extremly quick and agile with the V-8. Quiet and easy to drive on rough and smooth surface. Psycologicly it "fits".The valets fight to drive it. It even pulls an 18 foot Four Winns Boat or a trailer full of trash.It Gets you up out of the water. Now thats important when you live in Texas. Recently we've had Gully washers at least once a week.

My
By Tom Weiss on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was an unexpected replacement vehicle for my 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Anniversary Edition auto which was totalled in a car accident. I couldn't be happier with the Buick Rainer. Quality, Fit, Finish is excellent and I have the 6cyl which is getting @18 mpg which isn't great, but not as bad as previous Explorers and Mountaineers that I have owned. I have the navigational system which is alot of fun and is much more reliable than a friends Range Rover of the same year. The ride is incredible smooth and quiet and completely untruck like.This is just a very comfortable and luxurious vehicle which gets alot of compliment and is a headturner.

best vehicle i ever bought
By blackbeltmike on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

the Rainer is one of the best vehicles that gm has produced. ours has the inline 6 cyl has decent gas mileage and plenty of power. I have owned the ford explorer and it does not compare to this suv. I also owned the rendevous, this is also a good choice.

An Upgrade I LOVE
By montana467 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier SUV CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was a past owner of a Rendezvous; The upgrade is fantastic. Very quiet, easy handle, responce is great. A little rich on gasoline--but worth it! My children love the leg room compared to Rendezvous.