Used 2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick Rainier

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

McDonald's Buick Rainier Review
By J McDonald

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this car for 18 months and have really enjoyed the power of the 5.3 liter V8 and the interior comfort is excellent. Perfect for our family of four.

Favorite Features

Personalized driver settings, heated seats, driver and passenger HVAC controls, Power of the 5.3Liter V8 is excellent

Great!
By candygurl

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this SUV. I have been in many SUVs and own a Suburban. I really like the room for me and my 4 kids and the drive is nice and safe. Safety is a big plus. The kids really enjoy the fact that they can control their a/c temp. Even though the gas is not much different than the Suburban I really am enjoying my new toy.

Favorite Features

OnStar, nice quiet smooth ride, and space for growing kids in sports! The air compressor located in the trunk area compartment is a great idea.

Suggested Improvements

Gas

Seatbelt
By IfIcouldfly

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I think GM has finally achieved a seatbelt that is uncomfortable for every body type. The front belts come from the seat and cut into the neck of tall or large people and hit smaller people in the face. So you can get the the seat belt extension for free that enables you to move it around more however then the belt does not not lock in place making the safety value questionable.

Favorite Features

It drives out quiet and powerful. It is a very nice riding car. Good visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Put the seatbelt in the side of the vehicle with a slide feature for tall and short people. Have an optional rear camera for backing up.

Fun,Safe and Dependable
By Dr d

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This Buick Is a very stable platform . Fun to drive due to great handling for us , the average driver. Speed and acceleration that makes you feel young when you need it, entering a freeway or getting out of a jam. Sometimes, just showing off. It just feels good to know that you're in command of the road on occasion. Plenty of room for passengers & Luggage. Easily maneuvers in any grocery store parking lot and brings the bacon home safley. Might keep this for 20 years.

Favorite Features

Variable pedal foot pedal control, V-8, leather, heated seats, handling package. Easy entry and loading access. Steering wheel controls. It pulls the boat.

Suggested Improvements

I'm satisfied. If I'd wanted more of a sports car I would buy a Corvette.

An Excellent Choice
By C. Jones

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very surprised at the performance of this vehicle. No return visits to fix problems, and it just is excellent to have. Quiet, comfortable, handles good, with better than expected gas mileage. I bought it 3 months ago and went across the states from south to north and then from east to west coast. I really love it. Has the goodies on it, but they came standard, not at added expense. I had a Mercury Grand Marquis before and this vehicle lives up to the comfort and ease of driving that the Mercury has, besides having the luxury items that a Mercury spoils you with. They are hard to find, but well worth the trouble and time spent.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats with position controls and automatic recognition of drivers. Quiet, handles with ease, lots of power with the V-8 but you feel none of the bumps of the road. All controls are within comfortable reach and easily identified. Lots of space in back seat and storage areas.

Suggested Improvements

Work on getting SUV's better gas mileage.