Used 2004 Buick Rainier CXL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:

Yeah, I really would rather drive a Buick
By Eugene Evans

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Buick because I use a wheelchair to get around, and the car I had was unable to hold the lift, and the wheelchair at the proper level.It bottomed out constantly. The Buick has all the room and comfort you expect from a Buick, and at 6'2", I have plenty of leg room. As far as some people complained about fuel mileage, I am getting 18mpg around town, and get 28mpg on the highway and I don't drive like the proverbial Little Old Lady just because I'm handicaped.

Favorite Features

The room I have in the drivers area, the quietness, and smoothness of the ride.

Suggested Improvements

Start building them again.

Buick Ranier-SUV
By jconeputt

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 2004 Buick Ranier used with 22,000 miles and has been a great vehicle. This SUV has a 5.3 Liter, great power and better fuel economy than the V6 model. Great for towing. Great for extended road trips. Vehicle now has 55K miles with now service related problems.

Favorite Features

5.3 Liter V8, curb view mirrors, memory seats, power driver and passenger seats with lumbar adjustment

Suggested Improvements

Rear parking sensors, 6 disc CD player

Best car I've ever had
By Jimjxx

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Quiet, solid ride with good styling and quality accessories. I also like the fact that I'm driving a different type of vehicle---not something driven by "everybody and his brother".

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, V-8 engine, quiet ride, top-of-the-line components (Bose sound system, Michelin tires, OnStar, satellite radio, etc.)

Suggested Improvements

A little bit better fuel economy, but only because of today's high gas prices.

Chuck chooses
By Chuck also

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I like many got tired of driving and in a almost prone position. The size is perfect for my business driving and love it on trips. The one thing I missed was my previous car had heads up display. I assume this will be added in the very near future. The handling is fantastic as you can make tight U-turns with little effort. Keep up with bringing us great vehicles.

Favorite Features

For once the features blend into an outstanding system.

Suggested Improvements

Privide heads up display.

Buick Hits Home Run
By New Oreans Buyer

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

VERY smooth and quite ride. Handles well Agree with current owner, it could use more storage. Cross bars for roof rack should be standard. This seems a little cheap on Buick's part for a car in this price range. Same with front seat side air bags. Would love for it to have had the Buick famous icon (the three holes on the front quarter panels). This would have been the icing on the cake for exterior. Too new for reliability opinion. Only one defect at delivery. The console lock would not hold down the cover whne bumped. New lock clip was ordered.

Favorite Features

Insulation equales very quite car. Smooth ride. Luxury of vehicle, both inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

storage. Roof rails and side air bags std. Longer sweep on pasanger wiper blade. It leaves a triangle which is in driver's view. Put the Buick icon (three holes) on the front two quarter panels. Add number of gallons burned in the driver;s info. This was very accurate & useful on my 98 Blaze