2004 Buick Rainier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rainier model:
Yeah, I really would rather drive a Buick
By Eugene Evans on 02/19/09 15:01 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Buick because I use a wheelchair to get around, and the car I had was unable to hold the lift, and the wheelchair at the proper level.It bottomed out constantly. The Buick has all the room and comfort you expect from a Buick, and at 6'2", I have plenty of leg room. As far as some people complained about fuel mileage, I am getting 18mpg around town, and get 28mpg on the highway and I don't drive like the proverbial Little Old Lady just because I'm handicaped.

Buick Ranier-SUV
By jconeputt on 11/15/07 17:53 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 2004 Buick Ranier used with 22,000 miles and has been a great vehicle. This SUV has a 5.3 Liter, great power and better fuel economy than the V6 model. Great for towing. Great for extended road trips. Vehicle now has 55K miles with now service related problems.

Best car I've ever had
By Jimjxx on 01/25/06 14:06 PM (PST)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Quiet, solid ride with good styling and quality accessories. I also like the fact that I'm driving a different type of vehicle---not something driven by "everybody and his brother".

Chuck chooses
By Chuck also on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I like many got tired of driving and in a almost prone position. The size is perfect for my business driving and love it on trips. The one thing I missed was my previous car had heads up display. I assume this will be added in the very near future. The handling is fantastic as you can make tight U-turns with little effort. Keep up with bringing us great vehicles.

Buick Hits Home Run
By New Oreans Buyer on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

VERY smooth and quite ride. Handles well Agree with current owner, it could use more storage. Cross bars for roof rack should be standard. This seems a little cheap on Buick's part for a car in this price range. Same with front seat side air bags. Would love for it to have had the Buick famous icon (the three holes on the front quarter panels). This would have been the icing on the cake for exterior. Too new for reliability opinion. Only one defect at delivery. The console lock would not hold down the cover whne bumped. New lock clip was ordered.

Great Ranier
By Bay Island Company on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent performance, quiet car. Very comfortable seating. Could use a few more storage places.

Better than Cadillac
By Col. John Paul on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2003 Cadillac Deville for the 2004 Rainier V8, the ride is quieter, smoother, and the only thing I miss is the mileage per gallon.

Rainier a good choice
By MHBACH on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove the other intermediate sized SUV's; Trailblazer, Envoy, and found the Rainier the smoothest and best buy of the three. Most comfort and comfort features.

Nice Car
By Irby Jones on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

What we like the most: comfort on trips, heats up interior instantly in the winter, running board for easy access. Overall a nice car. Limited room in floor of front seat, no visor extensions and speed control acts up when in hills, starts jumping going down hills. No help from GM in a fix so far. Like the car better than the rendevous which we previously owned but has less room and storage than the rendevous.

Excellent SUV!! Thank You Buick!!
By Reeseboy on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Rainier CXL Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Buick Ranier for about two months now and I simply love it!! It gives you somewhat the feeling that you do own a truck in city driving; but yet extremely comfortable and easy to handle. On the interstate; quite honestly, I can compare it's handling and comfort to my 03 Cadillac Deville. The Ranier is such a joy to drive!!