2005 - My 5th Park Avenue
By Michael on
2005 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
We purchased our 5th and sadly last PA, as our new 2005 was the last year available. We currently own a 1999 with 105K miles as well. Previously owned '85, '88 and '94 PA models. All 5 have been the most reliable vehicles I have owned and the most comfortable car to drive. Very good economy for a large car, consistantly 21 in town and 29 - 31 mpg on the interstate. The only major repair necessary on any of the 5 was a transmission service at 125K miles on the 1988. None have ever used oil and the GM 3.8L V6 is bullet proof and very quiet. If looking at pre-owned, I highly recommend finding one with the touring package. I'll be keeping the two I have now until the wheels fall off.
Favorite Features
Seating for 5 very comfortably, large trunk, driver visibility, very quiet at all speeds. Love the auto-dimming side and reaer view mirrors. The memory seats are a great feature for my wife and I as I am 6-1 and she is 5- 1, with the unique key fobs the drivers seat is always in the right place.
Suggested Improvements
Since production has ceased, I'll list my few peaves. Glove box too small, plastic seat trim around the base of the front seats is cheap looking and gets in the way, needs more effective headreasts, needs an over-ride on the automatic headlamps.