Used 2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Park-avenue - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Beautiful vehicle, couldn't ask for anything better!!!
By rob208

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have a 2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Special Edition in white diamond tricoat and it is the most beautiful car I've ever seen. The ride is very smooth, the seats couldn't be more comfortable, and everything is automatic, from the windshield wipers, lights, and much more. If you buy this car, you must get the Ultra with the supercharged engine, it is a rocket and flies effortlessly. This is not a car just for elderly people, I am under 20 and love this car, it is an eye catcher and is often mistaked for a Cadillac. It is absolutely gorgeous vehicle that drives great, gets 30+ mpg on the highway, plenty of room, and is a very reliable AMERICAN car. Very highly recommend.

Favorite Features

The 17 inch chrome alloy wheels are beautiful, white diamond tricoat is a rich looking color. I love the turn-signals on the heated side view mirrors, automatic lights, automatic windshield wipers, 12 disk CD changer, heated seats, steering wheel controls, wood trim and wood steering wheel, remote keyless entry, supercharged engine, and superb appeal.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system not available with this vehicle, OnStar cannot be updated to digital from analog.

The Flash
By K.F.

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought the P.A.Ultra with touring package (used) after owning a similar older Park Ave, which I grew to love. This car is a dream and the fuel injection gives it amazing power. The touring package makes handling very tight and responsive. The car is a TOTAL driving experience:great sound system, luxury comfort:walnut interior trim, leather seats, power everything, sunroof etc. It shows what American engineering can produce if it wants to. I hope the new model Buicks can carry on this fine tradition, but I'd be surprised.This is a real car!

Favorite Features

Powerful fuel injected engine. Walnut trimmed steering wheel and dash.

Suggested Improvements

Updated interior

11 years of near bliss
By geeo

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I just love the big car feel. The bench seat front and back are great. You can seat the entire family of grown children all the luggage ans all the electronic gear in comfort their are four 12 volt receptacles.The Park Ultra is very popular in China in 2010. Why we can not have it here is a mystery to me. I guess the bone heads at Buick in USA still do not get it.

Favorite Features

Front Bench seats /Heated seats with lumbar support,intelligent wipers.DIC, Moon roof,Garage and Gate door opener. Antenna in the window.

Suggested Improvements

Make it available in 2010. The La crosse is a joke the Lucerne a nightmare. Clean Diesel Hybred would be a great feature.

Excellent Vehicle
By Martin R.

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I drive my Buick daily. I also take long trips. I'v found this vehicle to be one of the best cars to drive besides my Landcruiser. Those friends that have driven my car will be considering the Buick as there next vehicle. I purchased my vehicle after driving my wife's Buick Park Ave Ultra.

Favorite Features

The driving comfort and passenger seats and trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the dashboard. Remove the gearshift from the steering column.

The Worse Buick I Ever Had
By Ron Tarigo

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my second Park Ave Ultra, and it is the worst. The gas mileage is the terrible. Suspension! You feel every crack and hole in the road. Outside sounds! You hear it all. Acceleration! Forget it. You need to press down all the way on the gas pedal to get it to accelerate. Steering! To make this car make a sharp turn, forget it. A sharp U turn it cannot do. A sharp turn into a parking space, after 3 to 5 up and backs you can get in the parking space. This is not a Park Ave Ultra. This is a car that was thrown together and put out to sell. I still have my 99 Park Ave Ultra and I will take it over this one any day. I leased the 2005 for 3yr. I wished I bought it so I could get rid of it .

Favorite Features

The space inside. It has a good amount of room. The heated seats. Nothing more I'm sorry to say.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the quilty that Buick is all about. Not a Chevy quailty car at a Buick price tag.