2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
Beautiful vehicle, couldn't ask for anything better!!!
By rob208 on 10/28/11 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have a 2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Special Edition in white diamond tricoat and it is the most beautiful car I've ever seen. The ride is very smooth, the seats couldn't be more comfortable, and everything is automatic, from the windshield wipers, lights, and much more. If you buy this car, you must get the Ultra with the supercharged engine, it is a rocket and flies effortlessly. This is not a car just for elderly people, I am under 20 and love this car, it is an eye catcher and is often mistaked for a Cadillac. It is absolutely gorgeous vehicle that drives great, gets 30+ mpg on the highway, plenty of room, and is a very reliable AMERICAN car. Very highly recommend.

The Flash
By K.F. on 03/22/10 20:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought the P.A.Ultra with touring package (used) after owning a similar older Park Ave, which I grew to love. This car is a dream and the fuel injection gives it amazing power. The touring package makes handling very tight and responsive. The car is a TOTAL driving experience:great sound system, luxury comfort:walnut interior trim, leather seats, power everything, sunroof etc. It shows what American engineering can produce if it wants to. I hope the new model Buicks can carry on this fine tradition, but I'd be surprised.This is a real car!

11 years of near bliss
By geeo on 01/03/10 21:07 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I just love the big car feel. The bench seat front and back are great. You can seat the entire family of grown children all the luggage ans all the electronic gear in comfort their are four 12 volt receptacles.The Park Ultra is very popular in China in 2010. Why we can not have it here is a mystery to me. I guess the bone heads at Buick in USA still do not get it.

2005 - My 5th Park Avenue
By Michael on 03/03/06 23:33 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our 5th and sadly last PA, as our new 2005 was the last year available. We currently own a 1999 with 105K miles as well. Previously owned '85, '88 and '94 PA models. All 5 have been the most reliable vehicles I have owned and the most comfortable car to drive. Very good economy for a large car, consistantly 21 in town and 29 - 31 mpg on the interstate. The only major repair necessary on any of the 5 was a transmission service at 125K miles on the 1988. None have ever used oil and the GM 3.8L V6 is bullet proof and very quiet. If looking at pre-owned, I highly recommend finding one with the touring package. I'll be keeping the two I have now until the wheels fall off.

Great 2005 Buick PA
By jerry on 10/17/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Although the car required a few minor adjustments initially, it has proved to be an excellent car. I am pleased with the ride, the overall performance and fuel economy. Having owned several PA"s this one seems to be the best of all. Very pleased.

Excellent Vehicle
By Martin R. on 10/03/05 03:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I drive my Buick daily. I also take long trips. I'v found this vehicle to be one of the best cars to drive besides my Landcruiser. Those friends that have driven my car will be considering the Buick as there next vehicle. I purchased my vehicle after driving my wife's Buick Park Ave Ultra.

The Worse Buick I Ever Had
By Ron Tarigo on 08/15/05 09:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my second Park Ave Ultra, and it is the worst. The gas mileage is the terrible. Suspension! You feel every crack and hole in the road. Outside sounds! You hear it all. Acceleration! Forget it. You need to press down all the way on the gas pedal to get it to accelerate. Steering! To make this car make a sharp turn, forget it. A sharp U turn it cannot do. A sharp turn into a parking space, after 3 to 5 up and backs you can get in the parking space. This is not a Park Ave Ultra. This is a car that was thrown together and put out to sell. I still have my 99 Park Ave Ultra and I will take it over this one any day. I leased the 2005 for 3yr. I wished I bought it so I could get rid of it .

Fabulous -Park Avenue
By Jean Sibery on 07/04/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

No bumps, noise or shimmys felt. Runs like a champ when you need to pick up speed and pass. Self adjusting seats are just what is needed as my husband and I share the car...no need to readjust mirrors on sides, it does that automatically too depnding on the driver.

Comfortable cruiser
By Randy on 06/11/05 12:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

A dream to drive. Terrific highway mileage, apporaching 30 mpg. Comfortable seats and good sound system make long-distance driving a dream. The car is so well engineered that on straight roads, it drives itself; and I'm along as a safety observer. It's a shame the resale value is poor, for it's a better car than many with better resale, including one with all intitials as a name. But I'll never sell this car, so it's of no relevance to me.

Park Avenue
By Kevin Fix on 12/15/04 21:38 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have driven this car for over a year and have very few complaints. i had a Cadillac Seville that was two years old and was totaled in a an accident. The Buick is not as fast. Cruises just as well and gets 3 to 4 mpg better. I also have grown to like the seating. It just took some getting use to. This a good car for long miles and and highway cruising. I would buy another one to repalce this one.