Used 2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Beautiful vehicle, couldn't ask for anything better!!!
By rob208

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have a 2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Special Edition in white diamond tricoat and it is the most beautiful car I've ever seen. The ride is very smooth, the seats couldn't be more comfortable, and everything is automatic, from the windshield wipers, lights, and much more. If you buy this car, you must get the Ultra with the supercharged engine, it is a rocket and flies effortlessly. This is not a car just for elderly people, I am under 20 and love this car, it is an eye catcher and is often mistaked for a Cadillac. It is absolutely gorgeous vehicle that drives great, gets 30+ mpg on the highway, plenty of room, and is a very reliable AMERICAN car. Very highly recommend.

The 17 inch chrome alloy wheels are beautiful, white diamond tricoat is a rich looking color. I love the turn-signals on the heated side view mirrors, automatic lights, automatic windshield wipers, 12 disk CD changer, heated seats, steering wheel controls, wood trim and wood steering wheel, remote keyless entry, supercharged engine, and superb appeal.

Navigation system not available with this vehicle, OnStar cannot be updated to digital from analog.

The Flash
By K.F.

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought the P.A.Ultra with touring package (used) after owning a similar older Park Ave, which I grew to love. This car is a dream and the fuel injection gives it amazing power. The touring package makes handling very tight and responsive. The car is a TOTAL driving experience:great sound system, luxury comfort:walnut interior trim, leather seats, power everything, sunroof etc. It shows what American engineering can produce if it wants to. I hope the new model Buicks can carry on this fine tradition, but I'd be surprised.This is a real car!

Powerful fuel injected engine. Walnut trimmed steering wheel and dash.

Updated interior

11 years of near bliss
By geeo

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I just love the big car feel. The bench seat front and back are great. You can seat the entire family of grown children all the luggage ans all the electronic gear in comfort their are four 12 volt receptacles.The Park Ultra is very popular in China in 2010. Why we can not have it here is a mystery to me. I guess the bone heads at Buick in USA still do not get it.

Front Bench seats /Heated seats with lumbar support,intelligent wipers.DIC, Moon roof,Garage and Gate door opener. Antenna in the window.

Make it available in 2010. The La crosse is a joke the Lucerne a nightmare. Clean Diesel Hybred would be a great feature.

2005 - My 5th Park Avenue
By Michael

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our 5th and sadly last PA, as our new 2005 was the last year available. We currently own a 1999 with 105K miles as well. Previously owned '85, '88 and '94 PA models. All 5 have been the most reliable vehicles I have owned and the most comfortable car to drive. Very good economy for a large car, consistantly 21 in town and 29 - 31 mpg on the interstate. The only major repair necessary on any of the 5 was a transmission service at 125K miles on the 1988. None have ever used oil and the GM 3.8L V6 is bullet proof and very quiet. If looking at pre-owned, I highly recommend finding one with the touring package. I'll be keeping the two I have now until the wheels fall off.

Seating for 5 very comfortably, large trunk, driver visibility, very quiet at all speeds. Love the auto-dimming side and reaer view mirrors. The memory seats are a great feature for my wife and I as I am 6-1 and she is 5- 1, with the unique key fobs the drivers seat is always in the right place.

Since production has ceased, I'll list my few peaves. Glove box too small, plastic seat trim around the base of the front seats is cheap looking and gets in the way, needs more effective headreasts, needs an over-ride on the automatic headlamps.

Great 2005 Buick PA
By jerry

2005 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Although the car required a few minor adjustments initially, it has proved to be an excellent car. I am pleased with the ride, the overall performance and fuel economy. Having owned several PA"s this one seems to be the best of all. Very pleased.