Used 2005 Buick Park Avenue Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

2005 - My 5th Park Avenue
By Michael

2005 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our 5th and sadly last PA, as our new 2005 was the last year available. We currently own a 1999 with 105K miles as well. Previously owned '85, '88 and '94 PA models. All 5 have been the most reliable vehicles I have owned and the most comfortable car to drive. Very good economy for a large car, consistantly 21 in town and 29 - 31 mpg on the interstate. The only major repair necessary on any of the 5 was a transmission service at 125K miles on the 1988. None have ever used oil and the GM 3.8L V6 is bullet proof and very quiet. If looking at pre-owned, I highly recommend finding one with the touring package. I'll be keeping the two I have now until the wheels fall off.

Seating for 5 very comfortably, large trunk, driver visibility, very quiet at all speeds. Love the auto-dimming side and reaer view mirrors. The memory seats are a great feature for my wife and I as I am 6-1 and she is 5- 1, with the unique key fobs the drivers seat is always in the right place.

Since production has ceased, I'll list my few peaves. Glove box too small, plastic seat trim around the base of the front seats is cheap looking and gets in the way, needs more effective headreasts, needs an over-ride on the automatic headlamps.

Great 2005 Buick PA
By jerry

2005 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Although the car required a few minor adjustments initially, it has proved to be an excellent car. I am pleased with the ride, the overall performance and fuel economy. Having owned several PA"s this one seems to be the best of all. Very pleased.

Fabulous -Park Avenue
By Jean Sibery

2005 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

No bumps, noise or shimmys felt. Runs like a champ when you need to pick up speed and pass. Self adjusting seats are just what is needed as my husband and I share the car...no need to readjust mirrors on sides, it does that automatically too depnding on the driver.

The pull down cup holders in the back arm rest are great for travel with my grandchildren. Fido, our dog can travel in the truck with the pull down compartment that opens in to the trunk. Fido gets to enjoy the A/C too. Also the A/C vent for the back seats is a nice touch.

The ONLY thing I would change if it isn't cost prohibitive: put the backseat A/C vent on the side of the roof so each person can adjust their own. Other wise a PERFECT car.....

Once satisfied!
By Ron Stein

2005 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a Park Avenue in 1991, traded in 1995 and again in 1998. Last year I purchased a Chrysler Pacifica. Wow, what a change. I think it is time for Buick to make a body style change. Been using this mold since 1991. Just my opinion.

See above!

Park Avenue
By Paisley

2005 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Buick has provided a most comfortable ride and a fair element of prestige and operational economy. The only real negative is the rapid depreciation and this will continue to plague the Park Avenue as well as most other domestic vehicles. Our service experience with the dealership has been excellent and we will probably continue to drive Park Avenues because for traveling and for storage capacity it has been a marvelous vehicle.