2004 Buick Park Avenue 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - The best car I have

2004 Buick Park Avenue - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

The best car I have ever owned.
By nettiemaria on

2004 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bertha, the white Buick - is now at 214,000 miles and still going strong. It's very solid - inside and out. It's a shame that GM disc. the 6 cyl. 3800 series motor b/c now - Bertha might be replaced with a crossover and they don't have those motors anymore - only smaller V6's. I have never done any kind of major repair - only maintenance, in fact - not as I should have. As long as one does regular minimum maintenance, This car is unstoppable!

Favorite Features

Very roomy interior - very roomy trunk - you could fit at least a couple of large men in there :), seriously, I have put two bales of hay in the trunk, large TV's in the back. Interior is simple - easy. The seats adjust to any which way you want and are very cushy. Plenty of leg room for everyone.

Suggested Improvements

The car seems to "wander" some on the highway and the suspension seems just a little too loose for my liking. Great for floating - but not so great for commuting with a bunch of Type A's on the highway. Also, Perhaps sitting up a little higher would help when one lives out in a rural area.