Lots of used car for the money
By Buick Guy on
2003 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
Purchased the car with 76k. Ergonomics and controls are lame for such an expensive car, but still lots of used car for the money. I have driven about 1500 miles so far. This car is no sports car, but for a large sedan, power is ample (205 hp) and handling seems secure. In my mid 30's and it has surprised me how much people have commented to me that I bought an old people car. Buick has a serious image problem. Neverthless, I prefer to drive something different from the typical rat racer.
Favorite Features
Smooth ride and powertrain, good safety ratings, lots of room for people and stuff for a sedan, excellent fuel economy for a car of its size. Good value used. Heated memory seats and driver information center with digital engine parameter readouts (temp, voltage, etc.)
Suggested Improvements
Climate controls are abysmal. No control for temps below 65 degrees. Not possible to be comfortable if wearing a jacket or coat on a cool day. Separate seat cushion from seatback has poor ergonomics, roofline is low for tall drivers, rain sensing wipers are annoying.
By bsensible
on 02/23/14 22:16 PM (PST)

You are right about those rain-sensing wipers-they are annoying. I like being in control of things, and you can't turn the sensing off unless you go to full "on" rather than "delay." I have a 2003 Ultra and it scoots right along just fine power-wise. I put an aftermarket performance chip in it, which really works, and I'm getting 33 mpg on the highway with it. No kidding. It will also break traction at 50 mph on wet roads (with traction control on)--not exactly a hot rod, but still somehow satisfying. I understand about the old-peoples' car comments, but hey, I'm 55, and the car suits me just fine. I think it's very classy. It does tend to feel roly-poly on curvy roads, but the traction control works quite well. I'm very happy with the car (128k + miles).