Used 2003 Buick Park Avenue Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Ultra!
By Drew

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

i love this car. I don't know how the regular Park Ave is but the Ultra is awesome. The supercharger is such a convienience not to add I rarely loos the random red light races. I get 28 miles to the gallon which is great. It gets the best fuel economy in its class. If you don't have one I suggest you look into it. Great car all around.

Heated seats, sunroof, air ride suspension, 12 disc changer, venti ports, and of course the 28 mpg supercharged V6

I think new and bigger brakes are in order for this 4000 lb beast. It takes a lot to stop it, and maybe bolt down the engine like in the Regal GS and Riviera

We love our Park Avenue!
By 007 Blond

2003 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2003 Buick Park Avenue is a pleasure to drive. There are no blind spots so we have full view of what is around us when maneuvering in traffic. Comfortable ride is what we get, even on bumpy roads. Our other car, a Lexus, has a blind spot and we feel every bump, so we really appreciate riding in our Buick. There are no rattles so body integrity is built in. Our only problem at the moment is that we need new wheels because of a damaged rim and the dealer is having a problem getting replacements. This car is great and we hope Buick brings back the Park Avenue.

The sunroof. Remote keyless entry. Heated leather seats. 10-way power front seats. The auto-dimming mirrors. Automatic wipers and the good audio.

Silent trunk closure as in the 1994 Park Avenue. Expandable side pockets instead of the current stationary, but roomy, side pockets. Window rain guards so rain/snow doesn't come in when you need to open.

2003 Ultra, an excellent buy
By Timbo

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This 2003 Park Avenue Ultra is my second Ultra. I also own a 1992 (which has lived up to its 4's and 5's for long-term reliability and quality). This is an exceptional vehicle. Excellent for the buyer (not for the seller - very low resale), which enabled me to purchase the car well under what it's worth in my eyes. I have now owned it for a little over a year and its been fantastic. Mine is fully optioned (I bought it in Hawaii and it has heated seats). There is nothing about this vehicle that I would change (save putting an LS2 into it). It is granite in color, with the chrome accent option and a tastefully done leather interior. The Supercharged 3800 V6 is spectacular.

Supercharged 3800 V6. HUD, Dual- Climate Control. OnStar. 12-disc changer. Ultra-sonic rear parking assist, traction control, stabili-track

Alas, this model line is gone. Its newer cousins, the LaCrosse and Lucerne carry on the name. The Lucerne carries the one improvement I would suggest - the V8. I hear this will be available on the Super LaCrosse in 2008 as well (excellent move).

A super car
By EGOLDMAN

2003 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have 61,000 miles on my Park Ave and have almost no problems with the car. It delivers an amazing 31 mpg on the highway, 24+ in city on regular. It is very comfortable, and goes through snow like a snow plow. I still have 3 of the original Goodyear tires, and they still have decent tread. The car has all the electronic goodies, and none have gone bad. I am afraid to trade this car for the Lucerne because it is so good.

3800 engine

Would have linked a pneumatic connection to the air compressor, as in the vans

Comfortable and Quick
By T. Green

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

It has the seat comfort for long trips.
Easy in and out. Mileage is about 17 to
18 in town which is great for a 380
supercharger. Air controls for passenger
and back seat. Classic look. I get
compliments on how good looking the car
is.

Memory seat position; large trunk; multiple CD player; turn radius very good; elegant interior and glad to see the engine vents back. Plenty ofleg and knee room in the front. Added plus to have road light on when using turn signal at night.

Cruise contol on steering wheel; month and day digital on dash; tilt mirror on passenger side to see the curb;