Used 2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Are Buicks really Better?
By Emi Moore

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Growing up, my mom always bought Buick. When my husband found this vehicle we were both so happy because it seemed like such a nice vehicle. When we bought it, it was a one owner and less than 40,000 miles. The passenger window motor was broke but I knew that was a common problem for other Buick vehicles from previous experience. We didn't have it long before everything was just a mess. The car is still in the garage more than we have it. When we go to the dealer, it cost us about $1,300 every time we go, which is now becoming about once a month. We have now put more into repairs for the vehicle than we paid for it. I don't trust this car enough to have my children in it anymore. It is a death trap.

An Excellent American Sedan
By Jake H.

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car has served me well over the last 10 months. Never once failed to crank, with temperatures ranging from 15 to 115, thats saying something. A/C and Heat become effective very quickly after cranking. I fit ALL of my belongings at college, plus a friends, and 3 of his bags in this car, and still got 24 MPG on the highway home. My best is 30.7 MPG highway using no A/C and with a light load. Very fuel efficient on the highway. No so much in the city-acceleration kills it. Set the cruise and be happy.

Trunk opens fully at the press of a button. Enormous truck fits 2 15" subs and suitcases(!!). Steering wheels audio, which is VERY loud, even stock. Acceleration can almost keep up with new 6 cyl. camaros and challengers. Bulletproof engine. Easy to maintain. Excellent on board computer.

Seal the headlamps. This drives me CRAZY. Theres a slight rattle coming from the odometer. Rear deck 6x9 speakers blew fairly easily. Volume was only 3/4 way up. Good excuse to buy 15" subs though :)

How I love Buicks
By Lenell

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I was reading that a Buick owner had a vibration problem at 60mph. I had the same thing but at a much lower speed. We found out that the left front half axle was bent. The axle was replaced and the tires which resolved the vibration problem. I found out from Buick, that there was a problem with how these Buicks were anchored to the transporters which in turn would bend the axle. I haven't had any problem or any other problems with my Buick once that issue was resolved. It is a very dependable car, with an average gas mileage of 26mpg on long runs.

Luxury, quietness, comfort and ease of control. I love the automatic level control and the heads-up display What happened to the heads-up display today?

Better heating system or blower vents

03 Buick Ultra
By Buick03

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This Buick Ultra really looks good to me. It has some "sparkle" to it. I like the quiet ride and wonderful radio sound. Handles very good, and wonderful engine. I have had older Park Ave Ultra's, and they have been great cars!

Ultra!
By Drew

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

i love this car. I don't know how the regular Park Ave is but the Ultra is awesome. The supercharger is such a convienience not to add I rarely loos the random red light races. I get 28 miles to the gallon which is great. It gets the best fuel economy in its class. If you don't have one I suggest you look into it. Great car all around.

Heated seats, sunroof, air ride suspension, 12 disc changer, venti ports, and of course the 28 mpg supercharged V6

I think new and bigger brakes are in order for this 4000 lb beast. It takes a lot to stop it, and maybe bolt down the engine like in the Regal GS and Riviera