Used 2003 Buick Park Avenue Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Park-avenue - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Lots of used car for the money
By Buick Guy

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the car with 76k. Ergonomics and controls are lame for such an expensive car, but still lots of used car for the money. I have driven about 1500 miles so far. This car is no sports car, but for a large sedan, power is ample (205 hp) and handling seems secure. In my mid 30's and it has surprised me how much people have commented to me that I bought an old people car. Buick has a serious image problem. Neverthless, I prefer to drive something different from the typical rat racer.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and powertrain, good safety ratings, lots of room for people and stuff for a sedan, excellent fuel economy for a car of its size. Good value used. Heated memory seats and driver information center with digital engine parameter readouts (temp, voltage, etc.)

Suggested Improvements

Climate controls are abysmal. No control for temps below 65 degrees. Not possible to be comfortable if wearing a jacket or coat on a cool day. Separate seat cushion from seatback has poor ergonomics, roofline is low for tall drivers, rain sensing wipers are annoying.

We love our Park Avenue!
By 007 Blond

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2003 Buick Park Avenue is a pleasure to drive. There are no blind spots so we have full view of what is around us when maneuvering in traffic. Comfortable ride is what we get, even on bumpy roads. Our other car, a Lexus, has a blind spot and we feel every bump, so we really appreciate riding in our Buick. There are no rattles so body integrity is built in. Our only problem at the moment is that we need new wheels because of a damaged rim and the dealer is having a problem getting replacements. This car is great and we hope Buick brings back the Park Avenue.

Favorite Features

The sunroof. Remote keyless entry. Heated leather seats. 10-way power front seats. The auto-dimming mirrors. Automatic wipers and the good audio.

Suggested Improvements

Silent trunk closure as in the 1994 Park Avenue. Expandable side pockets instead of the current stationary, but roomy, side pockets. Window rain guards so rain/snow doesn't come in when you need to open.

A super car
By EGOLDMAN

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have 61,000 miles on my Park Ave and have almost no problems with the car. It delivers an amazing 31 mpg on the highway, 24+ in city on regular. It is very comfortable, and goes through snow like a snow plow. I still have 3 of the original Goodyear tires, and they still have decent tread. The car has all the electronic goodies, and none have gone bad. I am afraid to trade this car for the Lucerne because it is so good.

Favorite Features

3800 engine

Suggested Improvements

Would have linked a pneumatic connection to the air compressor, as in the vans

My Buick
By J.Rheney

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It has been apleasure to own and drive this automobile. Routine service by the dealer has been excellent.

Favorite Features

Road handling. Acceleration. Gasoline mileage. Headrs up.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling

Vibrations
By B Belcher

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a 1998 Park Avenue, which I loved. I have been very disappointed with this 2003. The ride is extremely rough. Vibration is terrible. My dealer has replace all four tires, drives a little bit better, but still does not have the ride & drive that my old one had. I am looking to trade and it probably will not be for another Buick!

Favorite Features

Two different seat memory. Backup sensors.

Suggested Improvements

Different closures on ash tray. Get rid of the vibrations.