Used 2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

An Excellent American Sedan
By Jake H.

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car has served me well over the last 10 months. Never once failed to crank, with temperatures ranging from 15 to 115, thats saying something. A/C and Heat become effective very quickly after cranking. I fit ALL of my belongings at college, plus a friends, and 3 of his bags in this car, and still got 24 MPG on the highway home. My best is 30.7 MPG highway using no A/C and with a light load. Very fuel efficient on the highway. No so much in the city-acceleration kills it. Set the cruise and be happy.

Favorite Features

Trunk opens fully at the press of a button. Enormous truck fits 2 15" subs and suitcases(!!). Steering wheels audio, which is VERY loud, even stock. Acceleration can almost keep up with new 6 cyl. camaros and challengers. Bulletproof engine. Easy to maintain. Excellent on board computer.

Suggested Improvements

Seal the headlamps. This drives me CRAZY. Theres a slight rattle coming from the odometer. Rear deck 6x9 speakers blew fairly easily. Volume was only 3/4 way up. Good excuse to buy 15" subs though :)

How I love Buicks
By Lenell

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I was reading that a Buick owner had a vibration problem at 60mph. I had the same thing but at a much lower speed. We found out that the left front half axle was bent. The axle was replaced and the tires which resolved the vibration problem. I found out from Buick, that there was a problem with how these Buicks were anchored to the transporters which in turn would bend the axle. I haven't had any problem or any other problems with my Buick once that issue was resolved. It is a very dependable car, with an average gas mileage of 26mpg on long runs.

Favorite Features

Luxury, quietness, comfort and ease of control. I love the automatic level control and the heads-up display What happened to the heads-up display today?

Suggested Improvements

Better heating system or blower vents

03 Buick Ultra
By Buick03

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This Buick Ultra really looks good to me. It has some "sparkle" to it. I like the quiet ride and wonderful radio sound. Handles very good, and wonderful engine. I have had older Park Ave Ultra's, and they have been great cars!

Ultra!
By Drew

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

i love this car. I don't know how the regular Park Ave is but the Ultra is awesome. The supercharger is such a convienience not to add I rarely loos the random red light races. I get 28 miles to the gallon which is great. It gets the best fuel economy in its class. If you don't have one I suggest you look into it. Great car all around.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, sunroof, air ride suspension, 12 disc changer, venti ports, and of course the 28 mpg supercharged V6

Suggested Improvements

I think new and bigger brakes are in order for this 4000 lb beast. It takes a lot to stop it, and maybe bolt down the engine like in the Regal GS and Riviera

2003 Ultra, an excellent buy
By Timbo

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This 2003 Park Avenue Ultra is my second Ultra. I also own a 1992 (which has lived up to its 4's and 5's for long-term reliability and quality). This is an exceptional vehicle. Excellent for the buyer (not for the seller - very low resale), which enabled me to purchase the car well under what it's worth in my eyes. I have now owned it for a little over a year and its been fantastic. Mine is fully optioned (I bought it in Hawaii and it has heated seats). There is nothing about this vehicle that I would change (save putting an LS2 into it). It is granite in color, with the chrome accent option and a tastefully done leather interior. The Supercharged 3800 V6 is spectacular.

Favorite Features

Supercharged 3800 V6. HUD, Dual- Climate Control. OnStar. 12-disc changer. Ultra-sonic rear parking assist, traction control, stabili-track

Suggested Improvements

Alas, this model line is gone. Its newer cousins, the LaCrosse and Lucerne carry on the name. The Lucerne carries the one improvement I would suggest - the V8. I hear this will be available on the Super LaCrosse in 2008 as well (excellent move).