2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
Lots of used car for the money
By Buick Guy on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the car with 76k. Ergonomics and controls are lame for such an expensive car, but still lots of used car for the money. I have driven about 1500 miles so far. This car is no sports car, but for a large sedan, power is ample (205 hp) and handling seems secure. In my mid 30's and it has surprised me how much people have commented to me that I bought an old people car. Buick has a serious image problem. Neverthless, I prefer to drive something different from the typical rat racer.

An Excellent American Sedan
By Jake H. on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car has served me well over the last 10 months. Never once failed to crank, with temperatures ranging from 15 to 115, thats saying something. A/C and Heat become effective very quickly after cranking. I fit ALL of my belongings at college, plus a friends, and 3 of his bags in this car, and still got 24 MPG on the highway home. My best is 30.7 MPG highway using no A/C and with a light load. Very fuel efficient on the highway. No so much in the city-acceleration kills it. Set the cruise and be happy.

How I love Buicks
By Lenell on 07/10/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I was reading that a Buick owner had a vibration problem at 60mph. I had the same thing but at a much lower speed. We found out that the left front half axle was bent. The axle was replaced and the tires which resolved the vibration problem. I found out from Buick, that there was a problem with how these Buicks were anchored to the transporters which in turn would bend the axle. I haven't had any problem or any other problems with my Buick once that issue was resolved. It is a very dependable car, with an average gas mileage of 26mpg on long runs.

03 Buick Ultra
By Buick03 on 05/03/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This Buick Ultra really looks good to me. It has some "sparkle" to it. I like the quiet ride and wonderful radio sound. Handles very good, and wonderful engine. I have had older Park Ave Ultra's, and they have been great cars!

Ultra!
By Drew on 09/04/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

i love this car. I don't know how the regular Park Ave is but the Ultra is awesome. The supercharger is such a convienience not to add I rarely loos the random red light races. I get 28 miles to the gallon which is great. It gets the best fuel economy in its class. If you don't have one I suggest you look into it. Great car all around.

We love our Park Avenue!
By 007 Blond on 01/29/07 16:25 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2003 Buick Park Avenue is a pleasure to drive. There are no blind spots so we have full view of what is around us when maneuvering in traffic. Comfortable ride is what we get, even on bumpy roads. Our other car, a Lexus, has a blind spot and we feel every bump, so we really appreciate riding in our Buick. There are no rattles so body integrity is built in. Our only problem at the moment is that we need new wheels because of a damaged rim and the dealer is having a problem getting replacements. This car is great and we hope Buick brings back the Park Avenue.

2003 Ultra, an excellent buy
By Timbo on 10/12/06 20:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This 2003 Park Avenue Ultra is my second Ultra. I also own a 1992 (which has lived up to its 4's and 5's for long-term reliability and quality). This is an exceptional vehicle. Excellent for the buyer (not for the seller - very low resale), which enabled me to purchase the car well under what it's worth in my eyes. I have now owned it for a little over a year and its been fantastic. Mine is fully optioned (I bought it in Hawaii and it has heated seats). There is nothing about this vehicle that I would change (save putting an LS2 into it). It is granite in color, with the chrome accent option and a tastefully done leather interior. The Supercharged 3800 V6 is spectacular.

A super car
By EGOLDMAN on 10/10/06 18:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have 61,000 miles on my Park Ave and have almost no problems with the car. It delivers an amazing 31 mpg on the highway, 24+ in city on regular. It is very comfortable, and goes through snow like a snow plow. I still have 3 of the original Goodyear tires, and they still have decent tread. The car has all the electronic goodies, and none have gone bad. I am afraid to trade this car for the Lucerne because it is so good.

Comfortable and Quick
By T. Green on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

It has the seat comfort for long trips. Easy in and out. Mileage is about 17 to 18 in town which is great for a 380 supercharger. Air controls for passenger and back seat. Classic look. I get compliments on how good looking the car is.

My Buick
By J.Rheney on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It has been apleasure to own and drive this automobile. Routine service by the dealer has been excellent.