Used 2003 Buick Park Avenue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Park-avenue - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Park Avenue

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Lots of used car for the money
By Buick Guy

2003 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the car with 76k. Ergonomics and controls are lame for such an expensive car, but still lots of used car for the money. I have driven about 1500 miles so far. This car is no sports car, but for a large sedan, power is ample (205 hp) and handling seems secure. In my mid 30's and it has surprised me how much people have commented to me that I bought an old people car. Buick has a serious image problem. Neverthless, I prefer to drive something different from the typical rat racer.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and powertrain, good safety ratings, lots of room for people and stuff for a sedan, excellent fuel economy for a car of its size. Good value used. Heated memory seats and driver information center with digital engine parameter readouts (temp, voltage, etc.)

Suggested Improvements

Climate controls are abysmal. No control for temps below 65 degrees. Not possible to be comfortable if wearing a jacket or coat on a cool day. Separate seat cushion from seatback has poor ergonomics, roofline is low for tall drivers, rain sensing wipers are annoying.

An Excellent American Sedan
By Jake H.

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car has served me well over the last 10 months. Never once failed to crank, with temperatures ranging from 15 to 115, thats saying something. A/C and Heat become effective very quickly after cranking. I fit ALL of my belongings at college, plus a friends, and 3 of his bags in this car, and still got 24 MPG on the highway home. My best is 30.7 MPG highway using no A/C and with a light load. Very fuel efficient on the highway. No so much in the city-acceleration kills it. Set the cruise and be happy.

Favorite Features

Trunk opens fully at the press of a button. Enormous truck fits 2 15" subs and suitcases(!!). Steering wheels audio, which is VERY loud, even stock. Acceleration can almost keep up with new 6 cyl. camaros and challengers. Bulletproof engine. Easy to maintain. Excellent on board computer.

Suggested Improvements

Seal the headlamps. This drives me CRAZY. Theres a slight rattle coming from the odometer. Rear deck 6x9 speakers blew fairly easily. Volume was only 3/4 way up. Good excuse to buy 15" subs though :)

How I love Buicks
By Lenell

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I was reading that a Buick owner had a vibration problem at 60mph. I had the same thing but at a much lower speed. We found out that the left front half axle was bent. The axle was replaced and the tires which resolved the vibration problem. I found out from Buick, that there was a problem with how these Buicks were anchored to the transporters which in turn would bend the axle. I haven't had any problem or any other problems with my Buick once that issue was resolved. It is a very dependable car, with an average gas mileage of 26mpg on long runs.

Favorite Features

Luxury, quietness, comfort and ease of control. I love the automatic level control and the heads-up display What happened to the heads-up display today?

Suggested Improvements

Better heating system or blower vents

03 Buick Ultra
By Buick03

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This Buick Ultra really looks good to me. It has some "sparkle" to it. I like the quiet ride and wonderful radio sound. Handles very good, and wonderful engine. I have had older Park Ave Ultra's, and they have been great cars!

Ultra!
By Drew

2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

i love this car. I don't know how the regular Park Ave is but the Ultra is awesome. The supercharger is such a convienience not to add I rarely loos the random red light races. I get 28 miles to the gallon which is great. It gets the best fuel economy in its class. If you don't have one I suggest you look into it. Great car all around.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, sunroof, air ride suspension, 12 disc changer, venti ports, and of course the 28 mpg supercharged V6

Suggested Improvements

I think new and bigger brakes are in order for this 4000 lb beast. It takes a lot to stop it, and maybe bolt down the engine like in the Regal GS and Riviera