Used 2002 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

What a steal!
By benthereoften

2002 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Got this as salvage after the driver hit a deer...all fixed up....for only $2200. Drove it 750 miles to Miami in comfort at 31 mpg. Heated seats are toasty! The only thing I would "improve" would be the inside driver's handle so that it is a bit more intuitive/natural. Otherwise, this car is just about the best combination of cost and comfort that I have ever seen. And at 6'4", it fits!

My best car
By Ian_Baker

2002 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Don't believe the review that says this drives like a BMW. It doesn't. I had a 1984 BMW M6. Fantastic, but totally impractical. I bought the Buick as my winter car with 95,000 miles on it when 3 years old - my 3rd Park Avenue. I still own the Park Av, but not the BMW. If you want a car to zip along an autobahn buy a BMW, if you want a car to drive on the typical lousy roads that you get in New England, buy the Buick. The one I bought had all the toys, rear parking, touring package, heads-up display. It's a really great car. Don't believe the mileage - I get 18 "city" and 27-30 mpg, depending on how hard I drive, on the interstate.

Trunk easily fits two hockey bags - try that in your 3-series BMW.

Sort out GM management - they stopped making this great car.

Best car out of 18 in 20 years ...
By thin41

2002 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The quality, smooth ride and handling, power of the Buick Park Avenue is outstanding and exceptional. I have owned a LeSabre and a Century, but this leather recliner on wheels out performs all cars I have had and is like a little piece of heaven :) Too bad Buick does not manufacture anymore :( 10 out of 10 in my book.

Great Car
By Great Car For Me

2002 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car has all the goodies and has exceeded expectations. Purchased with 25,000 miles and have added 17,000 in a year. Gave up my 2000 Impala for it. Can't believe I got so much for what I paid. Great car for a tall man. My car has the road package which I love. Great ride. Can't believe someone would pay premium for a different name plate. Replaced front brakes at 42,000. Back-up sensors are great for the parking lots.

Roomy interior. Excellent seats. Road package. Unbelievable gas mileage and road handling for this size car.

Larger front doors and slightly more headroom for taller men. Someone needs to build a car, not a truck, this way.

Very Good Vehicle
By Desrochers

2002 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle is very good on icy roads. Very comfortable to ride even on long drives and many hours

Poistive traction, ABS Brakes, heated seats, power seats

Can not think of any improvments