2001 Buick Park Avenue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
Excellent car....not ur grandma's Buick
By Jake on 12/31/09 12:27 PM (PST)

2001 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

From the gorgeous, classy, yet timeless exterior of my silver park avenue ultra, to its sumptuous leather interior, Buick has put an eye to details in this car. Doesnt simply have memory seats. Its has memory seats, mirrors, radio, and climate control that is link to your individual key fob. The supercharged 3800 model 6 cylinder gasoline engine is known to be one of GM's best small engines, and mine happens to be supercharged. Effortless acceleration and highway passing power sum up this engine, and reliability is excellent as long as you maintain it. SEATS AREA SIMPLY AMAZING. My only complaint is possibly more thigh support, but i have very very long legs. Sound system is 2nd to none.

Outstanding Vehicle
By J. Lott on 06/05/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Most comfortable & reliable vehicle we have owned. Quality is outstanding.

If it was only a little better looking!
By Alan on 05/03/07 10:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Overall I've been happy with this car. I put on a lot of miles and averaged about 21mpg which is impressive for a car this size. The supercharged engine really boogies, and it has every option you can ask for. But it is not attractive. As my kids say: it's a "grampa car". I did have problems with the rear struts and rotors, but that might have been caused by Brooklyn roads.

Great Value
By JBN on 02/05/05 11:40 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've owned over 40 cars, and this Buick ranks near the top. I purchased it 6 months ago when it only had 20K miles. I now have 42K miles on the car. I still can't believe I get between 35 - 40 mpg on the highway. A few minor issues with dash squeaks/rattles.

Quality used car
By SilverBulett on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

General Quality: Very Good to Excellent. 44K Miles on odometer when purchased. Minor problems with: power seats, CD changer (nio instructions), brake lights (fuse), and transmission (some slippage when started & humidity is 90+%). Nice ride. Good fuel economy. Comfortable interior. Great room for a passenger car. A big factor in buying this car was the big depreciation: originally a $40K car I picked it up for $16K. Compared to Nissan Max, a $34K car (2001) sells for $17K, this is a bargain.

2 years - No Problems
By Linda Batson on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for two years and have had no problems. It is driven about 25,000 miles per year. My husband and I both love the car and the ride.

Too many trips to the repair shop
By linda cowherd on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've made 14 trips to the repair show. Dealership has been awsome, GM stinks. They don't return calls. Did finally provide extenede warranty at n/c but I never got anything in writing to prove it. Dealership finally printed off their computer showing warranty. Repairs made, so far, on doors, transmission, heads up computer, leak in trunk, on star was not programmed correctly, key would not release, lock/unlock buttons on inside car, door panel keeps coming off, engine races and runs rough when starting up..who knows what will be next!

Best Buy
By Ken Posson on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I like the car for its ride and plenty of inside and trunk room. I think the seats need more attention, although there are plenty of adjustments. I have owned two Buick Ultras and have had transmission problems with both. The warenty took care of it but GM needs to put more quality into their parts. I have compared them all and I have found that dollar for dollar, I can't beat the value of the Buick. I should also mention, that the Buick that I now have has all of the bells and whistles available and I love them all.

NoMoBuicks
By nomobuicks on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Where to start? Brakes groaned and moaned since purchase. Over 5 brake jobs, no cure. Driver's seat, after 20 minutes, major backache. Factory Rep. stated: " Well it's not our fault your body is built weird!". (Seat was installed crooked). Now that's a company with an attitude. Um, I'm built quite normal. More maintenance problems, over 20 days in shop in 5 months. After 5 Buicks, No More! Quality is job gone. NoMoBuicks.

DB's Opinion
By rosa/dee on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The Buick Park Avenue Ultra has proven to be an excellent vehicle.