2000 Buick Park Avenue Consumer Review: Newbie Park Avenue Owner, and

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Review

Newbie Park Avenue Owner, and Impressed
By alaskasarah on

2000 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I am a 27 year old woman living in Alaska, with two toddlers. My last car, a base model Honda Accord, was totaled in an accident and I bought this car yesterday as a replacement. I couldn't believe I found a 13 year old Park Avenue in cherry condition with 20,000 original miles on it. An elderly gentleman (is anyone shocked? ;-) had been driving it, but found it too hard to get in and out of at 75 years old so he very reluctantly sold me the car. It is like butter to drive, and quite zippy in acceleration. The interior comfort is second to nothing I've experienced. I am six feet tall, and for once there is room to spare. The exterior is pure understated class. I couldn't be happier.

The interior is minimalist, open, user friendly, without just the right number and placement of controls. The seats are more comfortable than those in my mom's BMW, and my six foot frame has never had it so good in the roominess department. Even with the base model, my car has heated leather, autostart, and memory seats that make me feel like I'm in a luxury car. I have two huge toddlers(2 & 4) in huge carseats in the back, and they have LOTS of room. The ride... wow, it's like a marshmallow. Basically, the comfort of this car is my favorite feature. I didn't want to get out of it. The handling and gas economy was impressive and surprising for a car of it's weight and size.

This is petty, but I'd like a more solid cup holder. That is really the only thing I'd change about the inside of this car. It's perfect.