Used 2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

This is a great car!
By Mike Petti

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is powerful, handles great, is comfortable to ride in on long trips, cruises the freeways like a champ, gets excellent fuel mileage for a car it's size, and is fun to drive and great to be seen in. I absolutley love it and plan to buy an other one. It's a Cadillac at a lower price. It's the nicest car I have ever driven.

Favorite Features

The sun roof, the individual tempurature controls, radio controls on the steering wheel, front wheel drive for winter, and the fabulous ride. I arrive after an 8 hour trip and don't feel beaten up. I also like the rain sensing wipers and the auto dimming mirror. The price is also right.

Suggested Improvements

Better leather, little better handling, and, dressier interior with a more functional instrument cluster and longer warranty. Doors could be easier to open. The door handles need to use entire hand instead of just the fingers as the doors are big and heavy

Best car I ever owned.
By George Teabo

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Initially I had trouble with the computer indicating that my "door was ajar", which it wasn't. After that problem was corrected I have had no problems with the car. It gives great mileage for a large car. 31 mpg on a recent trip and the average overall is around 28 mpg. I have the grand touring feature which provides excellent steering and cornering.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage and the comfort factor are paramount. I am also pleased with the handling and the large trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

The brakes work fine, but tend to be a bit on the noisey side.

WOW What A Car
By cbs

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Buick Park Ave is one of the best cars I've owned. I have put 160,000 miles on this auto and have done nothing but regular maintenence. I did replace the front shocks at 130,000 miles. No mechanical breakdowns at all.

Favorite Features

Radio and Temp control on the Steering Wheel

Suggested Improvements

My gas milege is 23.5 mpg. If you could improve this, it would be great.

My best driving experiances
By Leo W. Dupuis

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Driving for over 42 years and being in the automotive repair trade for more than 35 years does'nt make me an expert but I've owned and driven many more vehicles than the average person and can say that this car is a compliment to the American car industry.It is truly the luxury vehicle of it's time.Even without considering all the "bells and whistles" it's basic features are all you could ask for in a full sized luxury "RIDE".

Favorite Features

Total roomy comfort inside,a sound system that is flawless,a smooth quiet ride,excellent handling both highway and secondary roads,huge trunk space,and a trouble-free, power to spare V6 engine that lives up to it's rating of 30 MPG (not the supercharged engine).

Suggested Improvements

Horn on steering wheel hard to press Make sure you choose a big parking spot center (arm rest) console opens the wrong way Seat belt hardware connections a little difficult to use by newcomers

2000 Buick Park Ave.
By honest ed

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Superb vehicle. I now have 64,000 miles-no repairs. Original Conquest tires still have at least another 10,000 miles. Car gets 30 mpg on the highway, 23 in the city.Only complaint is that brake rotors are thin.

Favorite Features

All the electronic goodies, tire pressure monitor has saved me three times, the automatic wipers,the compass and auto dim mirrors, the seat controls and seat quality

Suggested Improvements

Thicker brake rotors to allow rotors to be turned without warping.