Used 2000 Buick Park Avenue Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Newbie Park Avenue Owner, and Impressed
By alaskasarah

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I am a 27 year old woman living in Alaska, with two toddlers. My last car, a base model Honda Accord, was totaled in an accident and I bought this car yesterday as a replacement. I couldn't believe I found a 13 year old Park Avenue in cherry condition with 20,000 original miles on it. An elderly gentleman (is anyone shocked? ;-) had been driving it, but found it too hard to get in and out of at 75 years old so he very reluctantly sold me the car. It is like butter to drive, and quite zippy in acceleration. The interior comfort is second to nothing I've experienced. I am six feet tall, and for once there is room to spare. The exterior is pure understated class. I couldn't be happier.

The interior is minimalist, open, user friendly, without just the right number and placement of controls. The seats are more comfortable than those in my mom's BMW, and my six foot frame has never had it so good in the roominess department. Even with the base model, my car has heated leather, autostart, and memory seats that make me feel like I'm in a luxury car. I have two huge toddlers(2 & 4) in huge carseats in the back, and they have LOTS of room. The ride... wow, it's like a marshmallow. Basically, the comfort of this car is my favorite feature. I didn't want to get out of it. The handling and gas economy was impressive and surprising for a car of it's weight and size.

This is petty, but I'd like a more solid cup holder. That is really the only thing I'd change about the inside of this car. It's perfect.

13 years old and still a fantastic car.
By jackt19

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car when it was one year old, with 14000 miles on the clock in 2001, to be my wife's daily driver. By far, it is one of the best cars we have owned. Twelve years later she's only got 68K on the odometer and it runs perfectly. It has been an extremely reliable vehicle and is a pleasure to drive. It is very quiet at highway speeds, and get's exceptional mileage for a vehicle this size, 19 city / 30 highway. If you're hunting for a used example, you can't go wrong.

Very quiet, excellent mileage, very large trunk, enough room for 5 adults.

Bring it back; sadly, Buick no longer makes this car.

Buick Park Ave
By tom333

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been excellent, I'm 62 and this has been one of the best cars of the 16 that I have owned. The engine and drive train has had zero problems in 8 years. It had one minor issue in the 1st year that was fixed by the dealership with 1 visit. The ride is very smooth. The only problem I have had has been a weak front door lock plastic button bracket. I have replaced it 2 times. If the button is pushed hard, the plastic bracket eventually spreads and the door lock button pushes into the door planel. It still works but is not flush with the inside door panel.

The ride is excellent. The car is very quiet. Road noise is exceptionally low.

The push button door lock holder is weak and replacement cost and installation with painting is higher than to should be.

Another Buick
By vuittion

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I would have to say that over all this is the last car that I would buy for a long while. This car may be big but it is stylish and is one of its own class of cars. When i drive this car I feel the long history of true American Style every time I drive my car it feels as if I am driving a car from the 50's the craftsmanship, the style, the look and the handling its what Buick has for years always offered with its cars my Park Avenue is by far the best, reliable, dependable and going strong at 110000 miles and will for a long time to come. My hat goes to the designers of this car they truly made one hell of a good car.

Everything from the grille to the back bumper that holds chrome pieces that boldly state Buick!

Bring the Park Avenue Buick back. It is more than a car. It's what American cars use to be!

Best Bang for the Buck
By john stumpf

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

You won't find a better car for the money. It's size and safety (crash tests) along with the exceptional fuel economy are unsurpassed. Even the Accord can't provide what this car can. Too bad it has that senior citizen image. But then I bet those seniors driving it, have be around the block a few times and got a nice bank account besides. Do yourself buy this one and keep the other $20k in the bank!

Dash is laid out real nice. Think saftey. Brakes on a dime. 96,000 miles no problems. Don't for get the 3.8L V6 the GM makes is just about bulletproof. And the trans shifts and runs as new. Just keep up with normal maintenance

Beef up the suspension