Used 2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Newbie Park Avenue Owner, and Impressed
By alaskasarah

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I am a 27 year old woman living in Alaska, with two toddlers. My last car, a base model Honda Accord, was totaled in an accident and I bought this car yesterday as a replacement. I couldn't believe I found a 13 year old Park Avenue in cherry condition with 20,000 original miles on it. An elderly gentleman (is anyone shocked? ;-) had been driving it, but found it too hard to get in and out of at 75 years old so he very reluctantly sold me the car. It is like butter to drive, and quite zippy in acceleration. The interior comfort is second to nothing I've experienced. I am six feet tall, and for once there is room to spare. The exterior is pure understated class. I couldn't be happier.

Favorite Features

The interior is minimalist, open, user friendly, without just the right number and placement of controls. The seats are more comfortable than those in my mom's BMW, and my six foot frame has never had it so good in the roominess department. Even with the base model, my car has heated leather, autostart, and memory seats that make me feel like I'm in a luxury car. I have two huge toddlers(2 & 4) in huge carseats in the back, and they have LOTS of room. The ride... wow, it's like a marshmallow. Basically, the comfort of this car is my favorite feature. I didn't want to get out of it. The handling and gas economy was impressive and surprising for a car of it's weight and size.

Suggested Improvements

This is petty, but I'd like a more solid cup holder. That is really the only thing I'd change about the inside of this car. It's perfect.

13 years old and still a fantastic car.
By jackt19

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car when it was one year old, with 14000 miles on the clock in 2001, to be my wife's daily driver. By far, it is one of the best cars we have owned. Twelve years later she's only got 68K on the odometer and it runs perfectly. It has been an extremely reliable vehicle and is a pleasure to drive. It is very quiet at highway speeds, and get's exceptional mileage for a vehicle this size, 19 city / 30 highway. If you're hunting for a used example, you can't go wrong.

Favorite Features

Very quiet, excellent mileage, very large trunk, enough room for 5 adults.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back; sadly, Buick no longer makes this car.

170,000+ and going strong!!
By livingrn

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for only 16months but bought at 123,000 miles and let me tell you I about live in this car. Last month I purchased a Pacifica and hated the ride of that thing not to mention the lousy gas mileage...fortunately I still had my old Ultra and am now back to driving it. This car starts every time and although it's older I can say I will continue to make repairs as needed in order to keep this car. I have owned quite a few automobiles in my life and this one beats them all!!!

Favorite Features

Love the seats, heated and just like sitting in a favorite chair at home. The controls on the steering are a plus also. There are just too many plusses to mention but if you own one you know just exactly where I'm coming from..It's heaven to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I've always heard you can't improve on perfection and this is truly an example of perfection.

Ultra
By Middlefork

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

120,000 miles. City and Hwy. No problems. Wife's car and she has loved it.

Favorite Features

ride and size

Suggested Improvements

None

Buick Park Ave
By tom333

2000 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been excellent, I'm 62 and this has been one of the best cars of the 16 that I have owned. The engine and drive train has had zero problems in 8 years. It had one minor issue in the 1st year that was fixed by the dealership with 1 visit. The ride is very smooth. The only problem I have had has been a weak front door lock plastic button bracket. I have replaced it 2 times. If the button is pushed hard, the plastic bracket eventually spreads and the door lock button pushes into the door planel. It still works but is not flush with the inside door panel.

Favorite Features

The ride is excellent. The car is very quiet. Road noise is exceptionally low.

Suggested Improvements

The push button door lock holder is weak and replacement cost and installation with painting is higher than to should be.