2000 Buick Park Avenue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
Newbie Park Avenue Owner, and Impressed
By alaskasarah on 04/25/13 15:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I am a 27 year old woman living in Alaska, with two toddlers. My last car, a base model Honda Accord, was totaled in an accident and I bought this car yesterday as a replacement. I couldn't believe I found a 13 year old Park Avenue in cherry condition with 20,000 original miles on it. An elderly gentleman (is anyone shocked? ;-) had been driving it, but found it too hard to get in and out of at 75 years old so he very reluctantly sold me the car. It is like butter to drive, and quite zippy in acceleration. The interior comfort is second to nothing I've experienced. I am six feet tall, and for once there is room to spare. The exterior is pure understated class. I couldn't be happier.

13 years old and still a fantastic car.
By jackt19 on 03/16/13 10:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

We bought this car when it was one year old, with 14000 miles on the clock in 2001, to be my wife's daily driver. By far, it is one of the best cars we have owned. Twelve years later she's only got 68K on the odometer and it runs perfectly. It has been an extremely reliable vehicle and is a pleasure to drive. It is very quiet at highway speeds, and get's exceptional mileage for a vehicle this size, 19 city / 30 highway. If you're hunting for a used example, you can't go wrong.

170,000+ and going strong!!
By livingrn on 09/20/11 00:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for only 16months but bought at 123,000 miles and let me tell you I about live in this car. Last month I purchased a Pacifica and hated the ride of that thing not to mention the lousy gas mileage...fortunately I still had my old Ultra and am now back to driving it. This car starts every time and although it's older I can say I will continue to make repairs as needed in order to keep this car. I have owned quite a few automobiles in my life and this one beats them all!!!

Ultra
By Middlefork on 06/07/10 20:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

120,000 miles. City and Hwy. No problems. Wife's car and she has loved it.

Buick Park Ave
By tom333 on 09/08/08 14:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

This car has been excellent, I'm 62 and this has been one of the best cars of the 16 that I have owned. The engine and drive train has had zero problems in 8 years. It had one minor issue in the 1st year that was fixed by the dealership with 1 visit. The ride is very smooth. The only problem I have had has been a weak front door lock plastic button bracket. I have replaced it 2 times. If the button is pushed hard, the plastic bracket eventually spreads and the door lock button pushes into the door planel. It still works but is not flush with the inside door panel.

Another Buick
By vuittion on 04/23/08 14:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I would have to say that over all this is the last car that I would buy for a long while. This car may be big but it is stylish and is one of its own class of cars. When i drive this car I feel the long history of true American Style every time I drive my car it feels as if I am driving a car from the 50's the craftsmanship, the style, the look and the handling its what Buick has for years always offered with its cars my Park Avenue is by far the best, reliable, dependable and going strong at 110000 miles and will for a long time to come. My hat goes to the designers of this car they truly made one hell of a good car.

Best Bang for the Buck
By john stumpf on 05/19/06 11:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

You won't find a better car for the money. It's size and safety (crash tests) along with the exceptional fuel economy are unsurpassed. Even the Accord can't provide what this car can. Too bad it has that senior citizen image. But then I bet those seniors driving it, have be around the block a few times and got a nice bank account besides. Do yourself buy this one and keep the other $20k in the bank!

Review of my 2000 Buick Ultra
By Joe on 11/29/05 11:12 AM (PST)

2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

The reliability of this vehicle is outstanding. In 5 years of driving not one component of the vehicle has failed. I have only had to change the battery, and replace the tires. I am amazed at the reliability, and performance of the vehicle.

Smooth machine
By highegt on 11/08/05 17:21 PM (PST)

2000 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

This is the nicest automobile I have ever owned. Independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, premier transmission, one of Wards Auto World 10 best engines of all time, a curvy body and an interior as quiet/comfy as my living room topped off with 32 mpg on the highway - what else has all that?

Best All-Round
By DRM on 10/18/05 12:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I bought my Park with 89k miles and am approaching 100k with no issues. Drives and sounds like a new vehicle. My car was a one-owner with all service records. You won't find a vehicle with the same high mix of size, fuel economy, PRICE, dependability and comfort. Its the best all-round. I would highly recommend it as a used vehicle purchase. The only negative point that I see is the interior design - does not live up to a $30k+ vehicle. Exterior is very timeless and classy. Ride and fuel economy is excellent! I chose it over Cadillac (price and dependability), Lincoln (price and fuel econ)and Chrysler (dependability).