1999 Buick Park Avenue 3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Luxury performance and great mpg

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Review

1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

Luxury performance and great mpg
By Ron Brock on

1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is my first Park Avenue, and plan to add a second soon. I have become spoiled by the excellent ride and drive of this car. It is loaded with features that some highend new cars don't offer at this time. I feel safe in this car, performed very well in crash testing. The large interior space is well thought out, wind and road noise are very hushed. The supercharged engine makes great power yet I always get 33- 34 mpg highway. There are few cars that advertise those figures and none of this size and content that I am aware of. The depreciation is high but that only makes more sense to purchase a clean used one if you plan to hang on to it. I think GM discontinued a winner.

Favorite Features

Love the engine, heads up display, rain sweep wipers, steering wheel controls, the info center is excellent as well. Huge trunk, fit and finish, dependable.

Suggested Improvements

I think a luxury car of this caliber should have a 25 gallon gas tank and a 5 speed automatic