Used 1999 Buick Park Avenue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Great Car
By RevRFT

1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

Got 33.9 mpg on interstate 21.8 avg in town. Smooth ride, feels like I'm sitting in my living room. No problems, best car I've ever owned.

Comfortable heated leather seats, smooth ride, great gas mileage.

Better cup holders the factory ones are cheap for a luxury car.

My Dream Park Avenue
By davidprescottaz

1999 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

Why did GM stray from the Park Avenue and create the Lucerne when they had this car in their line-up? Any idea how hard it is to find a bench seat in a car anymore? I finally decided to hunt for a clean PA and one finally appeared. Low miles and looks like it has been well cared for. Buick is pricing themselves out of the market place and has no entry level cars anymore, that is why I purchased a used Park Avenue. Talk about all the bell's and whistles! I wonder if it will wash itself? I spent more for a used PA at a dealership so I could have the security of having an extended warranty for all the electronic items in this car.

Leather split bench seat! Audio and heat controls on the steering wheel.

Bring back a Park Avenue Edition or as Ford just learned, don't stray away from successful names for automobiles!

Exceptional and Comfortable Value
By New CA Buick Fan

1999 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car used from a dealer, one owner, with only 43,000 miles on it. The interior looks brand new and the exterior is nearly flawless. Amazing amount of car for the money and a much better performer than the Lincoln Town Car or Toyota Avalon. Amazingly comfortable front power seats, great fuel economy (30 hwy), lots of room everywhere and a pleasure to drive. The Park Avenue soaks up bumps very well and provides a comfortable ride. Maintenance costs very low and also very inexpensive to insure. I think I'm a new Buick fan!

Seat comfort, fuel economy, control layout, overall styling, extra features: compass, auto-dimming mirrors, very good factory radio ("Concert Sound III").

The Lucerne has succeeded the Park Avenue, so no improvements coming. However when it comes time for maintenance I might replace the stock shocks with something slightly firmer for better handling on winding roads.

Luxury performance and great mpg
By Ron Brock

1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is my first Park Avenue, and plan to add a second soon. I have become spoiled by the excellent ride and drive of this car. It is loaded with features that some highend new cars don't offer at this time. I feel safe in this car, performed very well in crash testing. The large interior space is well thought out, wind and road noise are very hushed. The supercharged engine makes great power yet I always get 33- 34 mpg highway. There are few cars that advertise those figures and none of this size and content that I am aware of. The depreciation is high but that only makes more sense to purchase a clean used one if you plan to hang on to it. I think GM discontinued a winner.

Love the engine, heads up display, rain sweep wipers, steering wheel controls, the info center is excellent as well. Huge trunk, fit and finish, dependable.

I think a luxury car of this caliber should have a 25 gallon gas tank and a 5 speed automatic

Great Car for the money
By Bill T.

1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is my third Park Avenue, and it is by far the best. It gets great gas mileage and handles well for its size. You do need premium fuel, however. I've had few maintenance problems. I plan to trade the car for a new 2005 Park Avenue Ulrta because it has 77,400 miles on it, and GM is going to stop making the model. I love this car, and hope that the new one will be just as good and will serve me well for five years or more years as this Park Aveenue has done. Park Avenue Ultra is a great car, and I'm sorry to see it go.

Comfort, good accelleration, lots of trunk space with plenty of depth. A/C is outstanding with temperature control.

Could have used the back-up system which was introduced in 2000. View to the rear is not good for low laying objects. Depreciation is unwarrantly high.