Used 1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
Great Car
By RevRFT on 09/23/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Got 33.9 mpg on interstate 21.8 avg in town. Smooth ride, feels like I'm sitting in my living room. No problems, best car I've ever owned.

My Dream Park Avenue
By davidprescottaz on 08/29/07 23:50 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Why did GM stray from the Park Avenue and create the Lucerne when they had this car in their line-up? Any idea how hard it is to find a bench seat in a car anymore? I finally decided to hunt for a clean PA and one finally appeared. Low miles and looks like it has been well cared for. Buick is pricing themselves out of the market place and has no entry level cars anymore, that is why I purchased a used Park Avenue. Talk about all the bell's and whistles! I wonder if it will wash itself? I spent more for a used PA at a dealership so I could have the security of having an extended warranty for all the electronic items in this car.

Exceptional and Comfortable Value
By New CA Buick Fan on 08/01/07 16:25 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car used from a dealer, one owner, with only 43,000 miles on it. The interior looks brand new and the exterior is nearly flawless. Amazing amount of car for the money and a much better performer than the Lincoln Town Car or Toyota Avalon. Amazingly comfortable front power seats, great fuel economy (30 hwy), lots of room everywhere and a pleasure to drive. The Park Avenue soaks up bumps very well and provides a comfortable ride. Maintenance costs very low and also very inexpensive to insure. I think I'm a new Buick fan!

Luxury performance and great mpg
By Ron Brock on 09/14/05 09:46 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is my first Park Avenue, and plan to add a second soon. I have become spoiled by the excellent ride and drive of this car. It is loaded with features that some highend new cars don't offer at this time. I feel safe in this car, performed very well in crash testing. The large interior space is well thought out, wind and road noise are very hushed. The supercharged engine makes great power yet I always get 33- 34 mpg highway. There are few cars that advertise those figures and none of this size and content that I am aware of. The depreciation is high but that only makes more sense to purchase a clean used one if you plan to hang on to it. I think GM discontinued a winner.

Great Car for the money
By Bill T. on 12/30/04 12:09 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is my third Park Avenue, and it is by far the best. It gets great gas mileage and handles well for its size. You do need premium fuel, however. I've had few maintenance problems. I plan to trade the car for a new 2005 Park Avenue Ulrta because it has 77,400 miles on it, and GM is going to stop making the model. I love this car, and hope that the new one will be just as good and will serve me well for five years or more years as this Park Aveenue has done. Park Avenue Ultra is a great car, and I'm sorry to see it go.

Young Park Driver
By youngparklover on 12/22/04 08:22 AM (PST)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Great Car, gobs of torque off the line. Comfy interior. Engine is coarse compared to Japanese makes, but not offensive. Had to repair the seat motors on both front seats to a tune of $1400.00. Very quiet car! Drives very nice. Like the Heads up display. Tire pressure monitor has I am sure saved my tire after I found a nail by letting me know before it went flat and driving on it. Great safety feature. Wish I had Stabilitrack and side airbags. Really Really love the Concert III sound system, really rocks. Don't like that I can't select CD from the steering wheel but can select am/fm. Huge trunk a major plus. Buy this car and you'll be happy.

Buick park Ave.
By Quentin Alexander on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Excellant service, comfortable for five passengers, excellamt gas mileage.

Ultra
By sherwood on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Third ultra, the other two I drove 250,000+ miles each with no problems and excellent fuel economy for a luxury car.

Love Park Avenues
By keeda on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is my fourth Park Avenue and the last two have been supercharged. I love having the power when needed in high altitude areas as well as on freeways. I love not being tired after driving for 8 to 10 hours. I love not feeling like I am crowded inside.

99 Buick LeSabre Custom
By penly on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought it recently as my wife's car. It's a good solid car bought with low miles and well under book because of its fuddy duddy image. Bought it mainly for the overall value. Boy do these things depreciate fast, which worked out very well for me.