1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
Favorite car to date
By AJ4775 on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Since i've owned this car i have done routine maintenance. i have had no problems with reliability. i have over 180,000 miles on the car, the 3.8L supercharged motor runs strong and gets great gas mileage. 32+mpg highway and in the city with traffic i can still get 23/25mpg. its a full size car that fits 6 people with every option.

Beautiful
By Beautiful!!! on 01/04/09 20:19 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is the most awesome car! The ride, comfort, stability, handling, looks, everything about this car is wonderful! I will never own another car but this!

It has been a good choice
By Dal on 08/11/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Purchased it used and being in what seemed to be in decent shape. Love the ride and room. Get about 26 mph which I thought was a couple of mpg short. But it is supercharged. Traded in an older LS400 Lexus which I liked. But I think this rides better,just as comforable,and I would guess a lot less to repair. Haven't had to yet. Has 94000 miles now. This car looks like it's going to be a keeper. My next used car will probably be another Buick thanks to this one.

Too good to believe
By jack on 06/11/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Bought new and have been happy with this model from the gitgo! Acceleration, even today with 147,800 miles on 'er is truly amazing. Still get 30-31 mpg on hwy and 22 city at resonable speeds. Can burn all grades of fuel even though they specify premium for supercharge. If they wre still made, we'd buy another even at the higher price of gas. If comfort is your desire this ride can't be beat either coss country (12 to 20 hrs. At a stretch) or stop and go city snarls. Style is still as good today as it was when first introduced. Too good to believe, ya, that's right, it is.

Great Car
By RevRFT on 09/23/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Got 33.9 mpg on interstate 21.8 avg in town. Smooth ride, feels like I'm sitting in my living room. No problems, best car I've ever owned.

Luxury performance and great mpg
By Ron Brock on 09/14/05 09:46 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is my first Park Avenue, and plan to add a second soon. I have become spoiled by the excellent ride and drive of this car. It is loaded with features that some highend new cars don't offer at this time. I feel safe in this car, performed very well in crash testing. The large interior space is well thought out, wind and road noise are very hushed. The supercharged engine makes great power yet I always get 33- 34 mpg highway. There are few cars that advertise those figures and none of this size and content that I am aware of. The depreciation is high but that only makes more sense to purchase a clean used one if you plan to hang on to it. I think GM discontinued a winner.

Great Car for the money
By Bill T. on 12/30/04 12:09 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is my third Park Avenue, and it is by far the best. It gets great gas mileage and handles well for its size. You do need premium fuel, however. I've had few maintenance problems. I plan to trade the car for a new 2005 Park Avenue Ulrta because it has 77,400 miles on it, and GM is going to stop making the model. I love this car, and hope that the new one will be just as good and will serve me well for five years or more years as this Park Aveenue has done. Park Avenue Ultra is a great car, and I'm sorry to see it go.

Young Park Driver
By youngparklover on 12/22/04 08:22 AM (PST)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Great Car, gobs of torque off the line. Comfy interior. Engine is coarse compared to Japanese makes, but not offensive. Had to repair the seat motors on both front seats to a tune of $1400.00. Very quiet car! Drives very nice. Like the Heads up display. Tire pressure monitor has I am sure saved my tire after I found a nail by letting me know before it went flat and driving on it. Great safety feature. Wish I had Stabilitrack and side airbags. Really Really love the Concert III sound system, really rocks. Don't like that I can't select CD from the steering wheel but can select am/fm. Huge trunk a major plus. Buy this car and you'll be happy.

Ultra
By sherwood on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Third ultra, the other two I drove 250,000+ miles each with no problems and excellent fuel economy for a luxury car.

Love Park Avenues
By keeda on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is my fourth Park Avenue and the last two have been supercharged. I love having the power when needed in high altitude areas as well as on freeways. I love not being tired after driving for 8 to 10 hours. I love not feeling like I am crowded inside.