Used 1999 Buick Park Avenue Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Love at first drive!!!
By eril

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for a week now with 123,227 miles on it and i'm in love with it. The ride is better that most european cars i've had before. I'm a sales man so i drive arround a lot and this car makes me enjoy the road more each time i drive it. It's very good on the gas too and fits all my family comfortably. All it needs is a good paint job and it will look like new!!!

Favorite Features

Heads up display, radio controls in the steerin g wheel

Suggested Improvements

Reliable cup holders on the front

Luxury's best value
By 3rd Owner

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

The electronics will go out on you and expect to pay a few hundred to fix (rear defrost, seat adjuster). As everyone says, 30+ mpg highway (I once averaged over 38 on a 150 mile trip!) but in the city it's a dog, I'll get anywhere from 13-21 in the city. I think it looks great, and the sound system is amazing. Buy it if you want to be spoiled without burning a hole in your wallet.

Favorite Features

Ridiculously high Mpg

Suggested Improvements

Electronics could be made to last better.

Great Family Car
By JerryV

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Park Ave used with 40K miles. This car is by far the best full size car I have ever owned. It is reliable as it is comfortable. In the past 60K miles, I have not had to replace anything major on the car. The 3.8 L engine is easy on gas and provides adequate power in typical driving conditions. The only negative I have experienced with the car is that the front brakes require above average maintenance. Overall, a small price to pay. The trunk space exceeds the available storage of a Pathfinder or Explorer (with the second row seat up). This is the vehicle of choice for my family vacations. My young son fittingly calls our Park Ave "The Comfy Car".

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, excellent fuel economy, comfortable seating for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

I wish Buick would bring the design back. This one won't last forever.

Best Car to Date
By Mark

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my second 1999 Park Ave after trading in my first 99 for a 2004 Grand Prix. While the Grand Prix is sporty, it doesn't hold a candle to the size, ride, mpg and trouble free driving I have experienced with the Park Avenue. I routinely get over 30 mpg on the highway and over 20 mpg in the city, that is better than my 4 cylinder pick up truck! I purchase my current Buick with 57,000 miles on it and now have over 112,000 and have only had to perform routine maintenance on the vehicle. It is a comfortable, reliable ride that I never get tired of. I also have a 2007 Lucerne, but as nice as it is, I prefer my Park Ave and will replace it with another when the time comes.

Favorite Features

Ride and Reliability, the 3800 V6 is superb!

Suggested Improvements

Absolutely nothing!

99 Park Avenue
By R Bishop

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just wanted to say that GM Corp screwed up when they stopped producing this beautiful road car! There is no car in my opinion that compares with this ride and stability that the Park offers. I have driven the new Lucerne and was in fact, disappointed! Wake up GM. Don't force me to purchase a "foreign car"

Favorite Features

Mostly the comfort that the Buick offers and the leg room in the back seat. I just plain loved the whole car.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the Park Avenue and get rid of the Caddies