1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
Love at first drive!!!
By eril on 08/01/12 09:01 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for a week now with 123,227 miles on it and i'm in love with it. The ride is better that most european cars i've had before. I'm a sales man so i drive arround a lot and this car makes me enjoy the road more each time i drive it. It's very good on the gas too and fits all my family comfortably. All it needs is a good paint job and it will look like new!!!

Favorite car to date
By AJ4775 on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Since i've owned this car i have done routine maintenance. i have had no problems with reliability. i have over 180,000 miles on the car, the 3.8L supercharged motor runs strong and gets great gas mileage. 32+mpg highway and in the city with traffic i can still get 23/25mpg. its a full size car that fits 6 people with every option.

Luxury's best value
By 3rd Owner on 07/29/10 07:37 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

The electronics will go out on you and expect to pay a few hundred to fix (rear defrost, seat adjuster). As everyone says, 30+ mpg highway (I once averaged over 38 on a 150 mile trip!) but in the city it's a dog, I'll get anywhere from 13-21 in the city. I think it looks great, and the sound system is amazing. Buy it if you want to be spoiled without burning a hole in your wallet.

Great Family Car
By JerryV on 07/23/10 23:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Park Ave used with 40K miles. This car is by far the best full size car I have ever owned. It is reliable as it is comfortable. In the past 60K miles, I have not had to replace anything major on the car. The 3.8 L engine is easy on gas and provides adequate power in typical driving conditions. The only negative I have experienced with the car is that the front brakes require above average maintenance. Overall, a small price to pay. The trunk space exceeds the available storage of a Pathfinder or Explorer (with the second row seat up). This is the vehicle of choice for my family vacations. My young son fittingly calls our Park Ave "The Comfy Car".

Best Car to Date
By Mark on 12/09/09 12:28 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my second 1999 Park Ave after trading in my first 99 for a 2004 Grand Prix. While the Grand Prix is sporty, it doesn't hold a candle to the size, ride, mpg and trouble free driving I have experienced with the Park Avenue. I routinely get over 30 mpg on the highway and over 20 mpg in the city, that is better than my 4 cylinder pick up truck! I purchase my current Buick with 57,000 miles on it and now have over 112,000 and have only had to perform routine maintenance on the vehicle. It is a comfortable, reliable ride that I never get tired of. I also have a 2007 Lucerne, but as nice as it is, I prefer my Park Ave and will replace it with another when the time comes.

Beautiful
By Beautiful!!! on 01/04/09 20:19 PM (PST)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is the most awesome car! The ride, comfort, stability, handling, looks, everything about this car is wonderful! I will never own another car but this!

It has been a good choice
By Dal on 08/11/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Purchased it used and being in what seemed to be in decent shape. Love the ride and room. Get about 26 mph which I thought was a couple of mpg short. But it is supercharged. Traded in an older LS400 Lexus which I liked. But I think this rides better,just as comforable,and I would guess a lot less to repair. Haven't had to yet. Has 94000 miles now. This car looks like it's going to be a keeper. My next used car will probably be another Buick thanks to this one.

99 Park Avenue
By R Bishop on 07/13/08 17:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just wanted to say that GM Corp screwed up when they stopped producing this beautiful road car! There is no car in my opinion that compares with this ride and stability that the Park offers. I have driven the new Lucerne and was in fact, disappointed! Wake up GM. Don't force me to purchase a "foreign car"

Too good to believe
By jack on 06/11/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Bought new and have been happy with this model from the gitgo! Acceleration, even today with 147,800 miles on 'er is truly amazing. Still get 30-31 mpg on hwy and 22 city at resonable speeds. Can burn all grades of fuel even though they specify premium for supercharge. If they wre still made, we'd buy another even at the higher price of gas. If comfort is your desire this ride can't be beat either coss country (12 to 20 hrs. At a stretch) or stop and go city snarls. Style is still as good today as it was when first introduced. Too good to believe, ya, that's right, it is.

Best Ued Car
By Used Park Purchase on 04/10/08 06:30 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I commute 47 miles to work one way and have previously have had small or intermediated size autos. The PA gives me consitently 32 MPG on the highway and 28 overall mpg. The ride is fantastic and overall performance exceptional. If your looking to purchase a quality automobile look no further than a used Park Ave.