1998 Buick Park Avenue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
I'm not old & gray but liked the Park Av
By MLMB on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I've driven my Pk Ave for 6 yrs, and enjoyed the comfort ride, many perks, fuel economy and size. Wrecked it and got good front end protection (I totaled the full sized pickup truck I hit!). Large trunk is great. Didn't like the suspension - the bottom drops hard in some cases. Also huge expense at 120,000 miles for repairing the plastic intake manifold $1300!! Common problem according to the mechanic, and they no longer use plastic, he says. Only selling it to get a car large enough to handle our dog kennel!

perfect cruiser
By Garrett M. Benson on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

This is the perfect car for any occasion. It is comfortable and gets incredible fuel miledge for the size of this interstate cruiser. I am only 24 years old, and I know that this is typically an older man's car, but I, and my friends my age, are very impressed. I clocked in on our last vacation a 500 miles tank of fuel and averaged 34.4 Miles Per Gallon!! That is truley amazing! Garrett

Best car I've owned
By BuickDriver on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I have enoyed owning this car. We are selling due to the large size of our family. I reluctantly agreed with my wife on this decision. I find the car to have all the luxury of a very expensive car. The pleasure of driving a quality solid built large car is most satifying when your used to cheaply built economy vehicles. The gas mileage has been surprisingly good (21 to 28 mpg) for a large car. My wife bought a new Buick Regal in 1990 that we drove until last summer. We then sold it and it is still on the road with over 170,000 miles. I may not buy other GM products, but I will buy another Buick.

Park Avenue SS
By y2khorseman on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car, never had any problems. Very quick and sporty for it's size.

Enjoyable Car
By Big Buddy on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

Bought used after it sat for one year and had many problems that were fixed under warranty and those have not reoccured. Interior trim needs better attachments - snap ins do not hold, gave up on trim on side between front and back, exterior door handle broke, cassette player broke 2 weeks miles after warranty expired. Note on seatbelt - there was a recall.

intake manifold
By George Thigpen on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

port holes in upper manifold let water in cylinders cause car not to start and a1241.00repair bil-technical bulletin TB-1870 aera engine rebuilders association

Nice but cheap parts interior
By Foliclle on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

Plastic parts inside break easily and often.

1998 Buick Park Ave. Ultra
By William R. Hayward on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

for a large car, looks sleek & fast. comfortable road car, gets 27 to 32 MPG on highway, 17 t0 18 around town. exceptional, effortless acceleration, very fast & quiet ride. transmission shifts smoothly & quiet.at 60,000 miles, no mechanical problems, totally reliable car. minus side, uses premium fuel, soft, mushey cornering, not a mountain racer. I would buy this car again, used, a great value.

nice car
By william p. storti on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

second time we bought a used buick,it is a nice car to drive very suprised that this car road just like a cadilac.

1998 Ultra
By dbaugh on 03/05/02 10:53 AM (PST)

1998 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is fine and fun to drive big car. four sets of clubs in the trunk and upper 20s on the highway.