Used 1998 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Park Avenue SS
By y2khorseman

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car, never had any problems. Very quick and sporty for it's size.

Favorite Features

The supercharger.

Suggested Improvements

Larger wheels, slightly firmer suspension.

Stay away form the ultra
By Tim Rudasill

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

My wife and I bought this one owner car thinking it would the best choice we could make.WRONG.After owning it for 1 year we start having transmission trouble.$1400.00,4 months,and 4 bottles of Advil extra strength later we still have the same problem.It shutters real bad when taking off from stop.And just when every wants to scream about ford transmissions,Gm aint no more better.My Mechanic Worked for ford for 22 yrs.never has seen this before.If it weren't for true, i would tell you.The car is well worth the money if GM would fix for free.Oh Yeah!I almost forgot....If you plan on changing your battery,let Gm do it.My gas hand and temp. hand don't work now.broke when i changed it myself.Good

Favorite Features

Our car has every optition except a working gas and temp hang...

Suggested Improvements

Please help me understand.With only 240hp. You can't build transmission to hold up.......

Nice car, no problems, I'd buy another one
By paul mockalis

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

My car was bought with 98k from a very small dealership. He put 4 new Eagle GT's on and fixed the stabilizer strut which was worn from normal wear. I had a set of front struts put on and left the rears alone, then tuned it up with a fresh set of NGK Iridium plugs,a K&N air filter and oil filter, and use full synthetic oil. The car runs,drives,and performs perfect,with no problems at all. There's something to say about putting top quality tune- up components and oils into your vehicle,don't be affraid to invest a little money because the results will be very noticable.

Favorite Features

Leather heated seats are very comfortable. Supercharged performance is awesome. Traction is unbeatable as well as braking. I've had tremndous luck with this car! I actually get approx. 22 mpg around town and have gotten up to 30 mpg on the highway. Super unleaded fuel is the only drawback.

Suggested Improvements

None. I wish I had the factory moonroof and the OnStar in, but I think I will get it put in.

1998 Ultra
By dbaugh

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is fine and fun to drive big car. four sets of clubs in the trunk and upper 20s on the highway.

Favorite Features

Large center console,climate control, and large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Be sure to look for models with Grand Touring suspension systems

1998 Buick Park Ave. Ultra
By William R. Hayward

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

for a large car, looks sleek & fast. comfortable road car, gets 27 to 32 MPG on highway, 17 t0 18 around town. exceptional, effortless acceleration, very fast & quiet ride. transmission shifts smoothly & quiet.at 60,000 miles, no mechanical problems, totally reliable car. minus side, uses premium fuel, soft, mushey cornering, not a mountain racer. I would buy this car again, used, a great value.

Favorite Features

appearance, comfort, acceleration, dependability are all plus. also the car is loaded with features that spoil one in a very short time, too many to list.

Suggested Improvements

the side airbags & "on star" are standard on the newer models & make for the only improvements I would recommend.