Used 1998 Buick Park Avenue Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Buick Park-avenue - Consumer Reviews

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Greatest car I've ever driven!
By hardfire454

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have driven a series of cars, but none can compare to the Park Avenue. THis car is comfortable, efficient, and most importantly comfortable. I think that's enough to be said, it is reliable, but just like any car, it has one or two flaws... But overall, if you're looking for a luxury car, this is it.

Favorite Features

Standard leather seats, large trunk, and very spacious interior with lots of headroom, even for me, and I'm 6 ft.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing to improve, best car as it is now.

Great Car Overall
By JAB1998

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Flaws are similar to other reviews. Ash tray was replaced once @ $125, but next time it was super-glued closed! This car gets over 30 mpg on road trips & about 24-26 around town. It is comfortable to drive, large trunk & back seat allow for passengers on trips. Drivers seat (leather) is coming loose at seam between front & back, but overall the interior is holding up well. With close to 180,000 miles on this 12 yr old car, I can't complain about some wear & tear. This car is loaded with features. I love radio & cruise controls on steering wheel, 2 memory power seats, & my favorite is the temperature and compass on the rear view mirror! I am sad that they are not making this model anymore...

Favorite Features

All the power features and the temperature and compass showing in the rear view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

The cheap clip that is supposed to hold the ash tray shut breaks easily, then the ash tray keeps popping open. They should have fixed that and other interior flaws mentioned by others. I've been lucky to only have the seat and ash tray problem.

Love this car
By 1998 Buick Park Ave.

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Gets 34 mpg on the road if you drive sensible. 22-25 mpg in town. Reliable, smooth handling, roomy, dependable, large trunk, great on trips, handles 5 tall or large people comfortably, plenty of leg room in the back

Favorite Features

Heated seats, ride, leg room, gas mileage for a big safe car

Suggested Improvements

Plastic arount the front seats come loose and cannot get to stay if it comes apart.

Decent not perfect
By Scott

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Overall we've enjoyed this car. 7 years now and still going. Had to replace 2 of the 3 spark modules (these replaced distributors in the mid 90's) A timing belt-no engine damage though. Plastic cooling system part got leak. No major engine work. Annoyances- rust at the bottom of the doors, gas gauge kept falling past stop peg and finally broke. Ashtray got sticky and broke in open position. Power door locks on drivers side broke. Engine developed a moderate oil leak aroung 100K. Lots of power for a big car with a V-6. 4 adults are confortable. I am a very large man so it is tight to sit 3 in the front, but can be done. Flow through door from trunk has been handy though I don't ski.

Performance and comfort
By J. Previti

1998 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

We have driven this car to Mathais WVA several times and to Myrtle beach three times and were delighted with performance and fuel economy. We got 28 mpg to and 29 from Myrtle Beach. That was driving at or slightly above the posted speed limits and short trips while there.