Used 1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

97 Park Avenue Ultra
By topnotch36580

1997 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This has been a very reliable car and is very comfortable to drive and is user friendly.

Big car, great gas mileage
By TMM

1997 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

I bought this so I could have a big luxury car, yet also wanted to be able to get wife and all 4 of my kids in if necessary. Great on cruising interstates, and pretty good on curvy roads as well. It's very roomy and comfortable with a large trunk. Surprisingly great gas mileage, around 27-30 on highway. It has served my purposes well as a luxury car for business driving, yet it's good for family trips. It's reliable with no mechanical or engine problems, and gets good gas mileage for a car of this size to boot.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride particularly on highways, and surprisingly good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic moisture sensing wiper system is overly sensitive and I would prefer to just manually adjust intermittent wipers.

Cruising Machine
By avcad

1997 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Large, comfortable, powerful automobile. Very good servicability except for belts. Excellent reliability through 143,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, luxurous interior.

Love My Ultra
By JrRidge

1997 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Ultra in Woodbridge Virginia with 74,500 miles and it has been a great car. I like the size of the car and it rides like a limo on the highway. The only problems I've had was with getting the fan, supercharger belts and water pump replaced at 125,000 miles for over $700. I've also had the front brake roters replaced twice due to warpage. The car runs great still and I now have over 144,000 miles on it. I believe I'll get over 200,000 on it like the Olds Regency I still own with over 211,000 miles on it which my son crashed it for me.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, auto whipers, traction control, 2 zone heating/cooling, power and gas mileage, handling and ride, hell everything...:)

Suggested Improvements

None

The Best Car I have Ever Owned
By Marc Neal

1997 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is the fourth Park Ave. that I have owned. I have 145,000 miles on this car now and I am shopping for another one just like it. It is a sporty large comfortable car. With only a few minor problems in the four years I have owned it, I would highly recommend a Park Avenue Ultra for a consumer who needs ultimate comfort and reliability, and styling.

Favorite Features

Excellent comfort, nice heated seats concert sound stereo and nice power. Classic styling.

Suggested Improvements

Some power window and power sunroof improvements.