1997 Buick Park Avenue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
97 Park Avenue Ultra
By topnotch36580 on 01/10/07 14:18 PM (PST)

1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

This has been a very reliable car and is very comfortable to drive and is user friendly.

Big car, great gas mileage
By TMM on 07/20/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

I bought this so I could have a big luxury car, yet also wanted to be able to get wife and all 4 of my kids in if necessary. Great on cruising interstates, and pretty good on curvy roads as well. It's very roomy and comfortable with a large trunk. Surprisingly great gas mileage, around 27-30 on highway. It has served my purposes well as a luxury car for business driving, yet it's good for family trips. It's reliable with no mechanical or engine problems, and gets good gas mileage for a car of this size to boot.

Cruising Machine
By avcad on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

Large, comfortable, powerful automobile. Very good servicability except for belts. Excellent reliability through 143,000 miles.

Love My Ultra
By JrRidge on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Ultra in Woodbridge Virginia with 74,500 miles and it has been a great car. I like the size of the car and it rides like a limo on the highway. The only problems I've had was with getting the fan, supercharger belts and water pump replaced at 125,000 miles for over $700. I've also had the front brake roters replaced twice due to warpage. The car runs great still and I now have over 144,000 miles on it. I believe I'll get over 200,000 on it like the Olds Regency I still own with over 211,000 miles on it which my son crashed it for me.

The Best Car I have Ever Owned
By Marc Neal on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

This is the fourth Park Ave. that I have owned. I have 145,000 miles on this car now and I am shopping for another one just like it. It is a sporty large comfortable car. With only a few minor problems in the four years I have owned it, I would highly recommend a Park Avenue Ultra for a consumer who needs ultimate comfort and reliability, and styling.

I like my Ultra
By Cimunique on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

I bought my first Buick Ultra in 1992. I drove it until it 1997 when it was in an accident. I didn't want to get rid of it because I really liked the body style. I did not have any problems with that vehicle until until I was hit. The Ultra I have now is great like the one before. I make sure all the maintainence is done timely and it has been a job to own. It is a great vehicle. When I buy another car it will more than likely be a Buick Ultra. I don't know of a better vehicle.

Solid but overpriced
By flyboy on 03/13/02 23:19 PM (PST)

1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

For a top of the line Buick car has to much cheap interior plastic. Build quality is poor. It hasn't left me stranded but I'm glad I bought an extended warranty. Repairs have cost between $3500 and $4000.