1995 Buick Park Avenue Consumer Review: Lucky to be alive

1995 Buick Park Avenue - Consumer Review

Lucky to be alive
By Color me concerned on

1995 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I actually really liked this car for the first few months. It was well built, very comfortable, and very smooth on the highway. One huge flaw, however, changed my mind to the point where I had to give it away (I couldn't sell it due to liabiity concerns). It would just die on the freeway at full speed! Once, I was coming down the Grapevine into LA when this happened. Full highway speed with no power brakes, no power steering, nothing. Worse yet, the dealer couldn't figure it out, and the process of figuring it out was terribly expensive. As I said, I had to get rid of it because driving it was just way to dangerous!

Favorite Features

Room, comfort, ride, etc.

Suggested Improvements

I'd just making one where the driver didn't have to fear for the life.
By brotherjayke
on 03/05/14 13:10 PM (PST)

I had a 97 Oldsmobile 88 with the 3.8 and had a similar problem. True as dmanjam said it could be the fuel pump heating up if the filter is blocked but as in my case it was a grounding bundle harness that had loosened up. Once that was tightened down it ran fine with no problems. In the case of the fuel pump if the filter was blocked the pump would have to work harder and over heat and shut down. once the pump cooled down it would run again until it heated up again. I'm guessing the dealer was smart enough to check the fuel pump though..at least I hope so :)

By dmanjam
on 05/31/12 11:15 AM (PDT)

Sounds like a fuel pump issue to me. Maybe your dealer doesn't know what they are doing.