Used 1992 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

19 mpg?
By onecleverdude

1992 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned several 90's lesabre's and park avenue models, they all routinely got mileages in the 30 mpg range. many people have told me the same was common to buick's they had owned. this site rates them at 19 mpg must have a lead foot

Best car I've ever owned!
By R.S.F.

1992 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Park Avenue 5 years ago and it has been a pleasure to own and drive. I now have over 222,000 miles on it, and it doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil. Besides oil changes, tires and brakes, I have had nothing major go wrong with this car. The book value is now basically a wash. But, I only paid $2950 for it back in '02, even though the original owner paid over $29,000. My car is now 15 years old and I'm planning on keeping her to run during the winter months to save the new one I'll be buying soon. I can't say enough good things about my Buick.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort, 3.8 V6, power, concert sound audio. Leather seating and trim.

Suggested Improvements

Buick needs to look at this car and figure out how to build new ones this well.

Best car I've owned
By Scott

1992 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Come this July , I will have owned my Park Avenue for 5 years. That is also 83,000 miles later. She is now rolling with 208,000 plus miles on her. This is all I have done since I bought her. Brakes and calipers. Shocks and struts. 2 sets of Tiger Paw tires. Oil and lube every 3K-5K. Tranmission flush. A/C charge.

Favorite Features

Nothing special, just a fine ride is all.

Suggested Improvements

Make it last forever. She is more reliable and predictable than most women.

A long lasting reliable luxury-sedan
By Tim Fredericksen

1992 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for my wife when we were in college. I have owned it happily ever since and its moved with us across the world, from California, to the south, to the NorthEast and to beautiful Hawaii. It was the first car my baby-girl rode home in and I would put her in another. This car is fun to drive and very reliable - I have had absolutely no issues other than normal wear and tear items. The supercharger allows it to accelerate smoothly for a car of its weight and I have NEVER ridden in a more comfortable automobile. Ithandles very well for this class of vehicle They are very easily acquired as an absolutely fully-optioned ULTRA for very little money and they are worth EVERY penny

Favorite Features

3.8L 3800 Series Supercharged V-6. Luxurious and spacious interior with first-class accomodations. Agressive styling with chrome accents. Reliability. Gran Touring suspension is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Overdrive portion of transmission is a little weak, though this era was not the best for GM trannies.

ULTRA buickk
By Gmann

1992 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

I have to say my buick ULTRA is the best used car that I have ever owned.The supercharger is great, especially getting on the freeway! You wouldn't think this car has almost 200,000 miles on it. Aside from minor repairs, such as,A\C, starter, and belts\hoses this car has been very reliable. Changing the oil is key in maintaing the longevity of a moter. An oil change light on the dashboard is possibly the reason for all those trouble free miles.

Favorite Features

The supercharger, definitly!

Suggested Improvements

Needs better gas milege,switch to control fresh\rec air