1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
A well built car
By bob03 on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I moved to the Buick Park Avenue from Volvo ownership based on the recommendations of my car dealer. I buy ucars that have high quality but are unfairly depreciated. This is a car that you can buy used for a great price and expect 250,000 miles. Bought the car with +70,000 miles and it is still all original at 197,000 miles. It has been a phenomenally reliable car. Fit and finish is above average and the interior remains in good shape. The power seats provide excellent support on long road trips. I was surprised by the gas mileage, above 26 mpg on the highway. This car is quiet, well mannered and easy to maintain. Brake repairs are the only minus, but

My first big one...
By Belami on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

After driving Euuropean cars all my life before, the Buick was my first full size car. It is marvellous! Comfort, reliability, power. The only problems - with 240k miles, was the steering system and the A/T cooling system hose which destroyed itself by rubbing on the hose mounting :-(

91 park
By sunni jo on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

my 91 has 89,000 miles on it, very comf. and great driving car. Bought the car a few yrs old. now has 89,000 miles on it..recently new transmission and complete new ac and heater..have had a lot of problems with the brakes..but overall dont like the new 03 park because of they only leather interior and no whitewalls..I am thinking of keeping the 91 for that reason, other than that I have been very happy with it..

'91 PA
By erts on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Hate the spongy suspension, but car feels agile compared to the next generation. Had a lot of reliability problems btwn 30k-40k.

Awesome Quality!!!!!!!
By C Prescott on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought car with 120k miles from original owner. Now has 268K with original engine, transmission even exhaust system! Only repairs other than routine maintance include ignition system,water pump, couple small oil leaks and one set of struts,Still gets 25-26 mpg and has never left me stranded!!!!!!Hope quality and long term durability have not been sacrificed on the newer models.

great vehicle
By Lesley on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my car at 69,000 miles. I now have 163,000 miles on the car. It drives great. The 3800 V6 engine is one of the best GM has ever made. The car is 12 years old and still going strong. There is not a Ford product on the road that could even come close to matching the quality and durability of this GM product.

great Buick
By larry d. dorman on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great car. I bought this as low mileage in excellent shape. Lots of miles later, almost 170000, and still going strong. Comfortable seats, the best sound system, and sports handling make this car great on long road trips. Also, such a big car with lots of space, yet I get 26 miles per gallon on the highway. Hope my next car is this reliable, very few minor repairs.

Not so good
By Green on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

Had many problems with my Park Ave. Anti-lockbreaks act up. Headliner looks bad. Car cuts off as I deccelerate. Also had to replace some small sensor on crank shaft because it went out. Other problems make this nice car unreliable.

1991 Park Avenue
By jeffst on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is mechanically sound. Unfortunately this will be the last GM product I buy since the front seats are VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. If I had known the manufacturer "cheaped out" on seat construction I would not have purchaced the car. If you look carefully under the seat you will find that there is no support other than some wire stretched across two pipes and a thin piece of foam placed over top the wires. The same goes for the back of the seat as well.

Just love it!
By a_schiotz on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

I just love this car. If you think this is a car for seniors only, think again. You just get so much car for the money.