Used 1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

One Great Car
By Dee

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my oldest daughter for her 1st car when she was 16 (big safe car) it had 180,000 mi. She loves the car and "when it dies, I want another just like it" she says. We took it on college visits and got 36 mpg hwy! It averages 25 mpg. She is now 23 and is crying 'cause it finally let her down at 240,000 mi. Mechanic who is saying drive chain is likely culprit and will be about $900 to fix (more than the car is worth). We have had no major problems w/ this car in the 6+ years we have had it. Besides normal things like plugs & breaks. Over the years we have replaced the master cylinder, alternator, and ignition coil. That's all. Even the tires were just replaced last winter.

Favorite Features

Even though her siblings make fun of her "Granny Car", they say it's the best "ride" we own. Comfortable and safe ride. Fuel economy is amazing for size of car. Very reliable. Leather seats. Dual climate control. Automatic headlights. Huge trunk. Easy to work on

Suggested Improvements

Make the body outlast the car. If the body wasn't starting to rust and it didn't need shocks and struts, I would consider investing the $900 to keep it on the road even though it is 18 years old.

Sounds like a V-8
By Jasmine Shawler

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been very reliable for over 5 years. The cruise control still works and the maintenence has been to the minimum. In the couple years it has been around the only things needing repaired goes as follows; windshield wipers, alternator, starter, battery, and tires and a couple spark plugs. Very reliable car something for everyone to love. I can't say gas isn't a problem but the quiet ride and smooth journey more than make up for that.

Favorite Features

Leather seats (very comfortable). Interior design. Motor purrs. Roomy

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension or air ride

Almost got me killed, but...
By J-Man

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, with 240hp V-6, fully pimped with every option of '91, right down to the huge mobile phone that I ripped out to put in an extra console. A hand me down from my Grandfather, I shared it with my parents often, but cleaned her up, changed some lights and the radio HU, raced it a few times, hardly ever let me down. Comfortable as hell, plush red leather seats, ambient old school lighting. It was maroon ext, too, sure miss it sometimes.

Favorite Features

Power seats operated so smooth. The speakers worked well w/the new Kenwood unit. Rode like a Caddy. Some friends thougt it was a Caddy. That supercharged engine gets my vote for best feature, movin' that heavy car like it was a Sunfire.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical! The alarm, the seats and mirrors, the damn brakes, the locks, everything tied into certain fuses just opted not to work, or in case of alarm, sound off at random. Had to total the car when the brakes failed and I rammed into the back of a Toyota Highlander. Broke my heart, I tell you, it had potential.

My Buick Park Avenue is in great shape
By John MacRostie

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

This car has only got 67,000 total miles and has been maintained excelently with good tires, very low oil consuption and very good appearance inside and out. I am only selling it because my wife recently passed away and I will keep her 2001 Lincoln Town car

Favorite Features

Overall appearance and performance

Suggested Improvements

Under normal conditions I would keep this Buick Park Avenue for many more years.

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking
By Richard Moglia

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan Ultra 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and have put every mile on it. The engine is still strong, it still has factory compression specs! Have replaced all rotating parts (Alternator water pump, compressor) except power steering on engine once. Not bad for 260000 miles. Great car for road trip, very quiet and comfortable. Had to replace the automatic transmission at 217000.

Favorite Features

2 position memory for seats and mirrors. Power moon roof, extra large trunk, interior room.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower.