1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
Amazing Gas Mileage
By Ronald on 04/09/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned about 25 cars so far but never have I owned one as amazing as this one on gas! The car is heavy, somewhat slow to accelerate and doesn't feel sporty in any way. However it rides like you're on a cloud and on the highway I regularly achieve 34 mpg (at 75 mph) and have even gotten one trip at 38 mpg which is phenomenal for a car of this size and weight. Its already got 260,000 km on it but still running strong. I think the 3.8 is the best engine GM has ever produced.

I only drive Buick's
By Love my motors on 01/13/10 20:48 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Never had a Buick that wouldn't start everytime. This is my third Buick now. It always turns over on a dime without fail. So comfortable to drive, it's like flying an airplane. Great solid indestructible engine. I've drove 20.000 miles across country in first Buick. My first Buick finally died at 299.000 miles. My current Park Avenue comes in beautiful sky blue particularly showroom quality. Great sound system, all the electronic features, I really can't say enough about how great of a car a Buick really is. Like the song goes "I've been everywhere" and it's been in a Buick. Only thing I would complain about is these cars really aren't the best on gas mileage other than this it's ultimate.

Overall Great Car
By jbud94 on 12/10/08 15:12 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car because I found it really cheap in classified newspapers. I thought this car was going to be one of the biggest mistakes in my life. This car was exactly the opposite of what I thought that it would be. The only thing the car needed to start was an ignition module. The only problems that I have had with the car is that the brakes needed to be repaired because when I stop at a stoplight for a while the brakes kind of move a little and release pressure. Overall this is a great car. I would reccomend the Buick name to anybody looking for a car.

One Great Car
By Dee on 10/08/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my oldest daughter for her 1st car when she was 16 (big safe car) it had 180,000 mi. She loves the car and "when it dies, I want another just like it" she says. We took it on college visits and got 36 mpg hwy! It averages 25 mpg. She is now 23 and is crying 'cause it finally let her down at 240,000 mi. Mechanic who is saying drive chain is likely culprit and will be about $900 to fix (more than the car is worth). We have had no major problems w/ this car in the 6+ years we have had it. Besides normal things like plugs & breaks. Over the years we have replaced the master cylinder, alternator, and ignition coil. That's all. Even the tires were just replaced last winter.

A well built car
By bob03 on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I moved to the Buick Park Avenue from Volvo ownership based on the recommendations of my car dealer. I buy ucars that have high quality but are unfairly depreciated. This is a car that you can buy used for a great price and expect 250,000 miles. Bought the car with +70,000 miles and it is still all original at 197,000 miles. It has been a phenomenally reliable car. Fit and finish is above average and the interior remains in good shape. The power seats provide excellent support on long road trips. I was surprised by the gas mileage, above 26 mpg on the highway. This car is quiet, well mannered and easy to maintain. Brake repairs are the only minus, but

My first big one...
By Belami on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

After driving Euuropean cars all my life before, the Buick was my first full size car. It is marvellous! Comfort, reliability, power. The only problems - with 240k miles, was the steering system and the A/T cooling system hose which destroyed itself by rubbing on the hose mounting :-(

91 park
By sunni jo on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

my 91 has 89,000 miles on it, very comf. and great driving car. Bought the car a few yrs old. now has 89,000 miles on it..recently new transmission and complete new ac and heater..have had a lot of problems with the brakes..but overall dont like the new 03 park because of they only leather interior and no whitewalls..I am thinking of keeping the 91 for that reason, other than that I have been very happy with it..

'91 PA
By erts on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Hate the spongy suspension, but car feels agile compared to the next generation. Had a lot of reliability problems btwn 30k-40k.

Awesome Quality!!!!!!!
By C Prescott on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought car with 120k miles from original owner. Now has 268K with original engine, transmission even exhaust system! Only repairs other than routine maintance include ignition system,water pump, couple small oil leaks and one set of struts,Still gets 25-26 mpg and has never left me stranded!!!!!!Hope quality and long term durability have not been sacrificed on the newer models.

great vehicle
By Lesley on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my car at 69,000 miles. I now have 163,000 miles on the car. It drives great. The 3800 V6 engine is one of the best GM has ever made. The car is 12 years old and still going strong. There is not a Ford product on the road that could even come close to matching the quality and durability of this GM product.