Used 1991 Buick Park Avenue Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Amazing Gas Mileage
By Ronald

1991 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I've owned about 25 cars so far but never have I owned one as amazing as this one on gas! The car is heavy, somewhat slow to accelerate and doesn't feel sporty in any way. However it rides like you're on a cloud and on the highway I regularly achieve 34 mpg (at 75 mph) and have even gotten one trip at 38 mpg which is phenomenal for a car of this size and weight. Its already got 260,000 km on it but still running strong. I think the 3.8 is the best engine GM has ever produced.

I only drive Buick's
By Love my motors

1991 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

Never had a Buick that wouldn't start everytime. This is my third Buick now. It always turns over on a dime without fail. So comfortable to drive, it's like flying an airplane. Great solid indestructible engine. I've drove 20.000 miles across country in first Buick. My first Buick finally died at 299.000 miles. My current Park Avenue comes in beautiful sky blue particularly showroom quality. Great sound system, all the electronic features, I really can't say enough about how great of a car a Buick really is. Like the song goes "I've been everywhere" and it's been in a Buick. Only thing I would complain about is these cars really aren't the best on gas mileage other than this it's ultimate.

Heated Windshield,power windows/locks/mirrors/seats,six speaker stereo, digital A/C, heat, built in security system with remote keyless entry, airshocks and electronic traction control, automatic headlights, heated roof. Steel bumper guard, heated mirrors, three cigarette lighter outlets. Chip key.

Dual Overhead cam DOHC, the mileage would be well worth it. Onstar system. Microsoft sync. Doors that won't lock without the key inserted.

Overall Great Car
By jbud94

1991 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car because I found it really cheap in classified newspapers. I thought this car was going to be one of the biggest mistakes in my life. This car was exactly the opposite of what I thought that it would be. The only thing the car needed to start was an ignition module. The only problems that I have had with the car is that the brakes needed to be repaired because when I stop at a stoplight for a while the brakes kind of move a little and release pressure. Overall this is a great car. I would reccomend the Buick name to anybody looking for a car.

Motor, trunk, interior

Better construction of door panels, Make body style more modern-day.

One Great Car
By Dee

1991 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my oldest daughter for her 1st car when she was 16 (big safe car) it had 180,000 mi. She loves the car and "when it dies, I want another just like it" she says. We took it on college visits and got 36 mpg hwy! It averages 25 mpg. She is now 23 and is crying 'cause it finally let her down at 240,000 mi. Mechanic who is saying drive chain is likely culprit and will be about $900 to fix (more than the car is worth). We have had no major problems w/ this car in the 6+ years we have had it. Besides normal things like plugs & breaks. Over the years we have replaced the master cylinder, alternator, and ignition coil. That's all. Even the tires were just replaced last winter.

Even though her siblings make fun of her "Granny Car", they say it's the best "ride" we own. Comfortable and safe ride. Fuel economy is amazing for size of car. Very reliable. Leather seats. Dual climate control. Automatic headlights. Huge trunk. Easy to work on

Make the body outlast the car. If the body wasn't starting to rust and it didn't need shocks and struts, I would consider investing the $900 to keep it on the road even though it is 18 years old.

A well built car
By bob03

1991 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I moved to the Buick Park Avenue from Volvo ownership based on the recommendations of my car dealer. I buy ucars that have high quality but are unfairly depreciated. This is a car that you can buy used for a great price and expect 250,000 miles. Bought the car with +70,000 miles and it is still all original at 197,000 miles. It has been a phenomenally reliable car. Fit and finish is above average and the interior remains in good shape. The power seats provide excellent support on long road trips. I was surprised by the gas mileage, above 26 mpg on the highway. This car is quiet, well mannered and easy to maintain. Brake repairs are the only minus, but

Quality - construction/material quality is above average. Appearance - the car has an elegant understated design. Interior - the car has huge space capacity and will carry 5 adults in comfort. Trunk is very large. Gas Mileage - a full size sedan that gets great mileage (regular fuel to

Buick has since improved the brakes and gotten rid of the weak rear drum brakes in newer models. Lose the hood ornaments and other tacky decoration.