Used 1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Buick Park-avenue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:

Exceptionial car for the money.
By Bud

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

A very well made,dependable car. Has a need for injector cleaner added at times. At 93000 gear selector does not want to move at times.Will then shift into gear and work properly. Awesome gas milage at freeway speed.Driver seat should move farther back.Most car for the money.Has stood up great. I love this car,will keep it many years to come.any one looking for a good car may check out one just like this.

Favorite Features

Affordability, nice handleing,fuel economy. Great highway car and nice ride. Leather interior stands up well. A sharp car that people compliment.This ultra is fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

Front end is a bit soft.May need shocks soon. More foam on front seat cushions like my older Cadillacs. Still a great car for the pric,very few faults and they are minor.

Great car
By Bud

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

The Ultra is a very nice car, drives and handles great, plus good mileage. It is 18 years old, and still gets noticed as a sharp car. Mine has only 128000 kms and is near mint. The seats are not as comfortable as older GM luxury cars. These cars are great overall and a lot of car for the money. The'91 has no supercharger. So less upkeep, and uses regular gas. Still lots of power.

Favorite Features

It's more than just transportation, you feel good when you drive it. It has more class than imports and is still very affordable, great mileage too.

Suggested Improvements

Seats lack padding, weak rear brakes, but these are minor flaws. Later model rear disc brakes may interchange.

Sounds like a V-8
By Jasmine Shawler

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been very reliable for over 5 years. The cruise control still works and the maintenence has been to the minimum. In the couple years it has been around the only things needing repaired goes as follows; windshield wipers, alternator, starter, battery, and tires and a couple spark plugs. Very reliable car something for everyone to love. I can't say gas isn't a problem but the quiet ride and smooth journey more than make up for that.

Favorite Features

Leather seats (very comfortable). Interior design. Motor purrs. Roomy

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension or air ride

Almost got me killed, but...
By J-Man

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, with 240hp V-6, fully pimped with every option of '91, right down to the huge mobile phone that I ripped out to put in an extra console. A hand me down from my Grandfather, I shared it with my parents often, but cleaned her up, changed some lights and the radio HU, raced it a few times, hardly ever let me down. Comfortable as hell, plush red leather seats, ambient old school lighting. It was maroon ext, too, sure miss it sometimes.

Favorite Features

Power seats operated so smooth. The speakers worked well w/the new Kenwood unit. Rode like a Caddy. Some friends thougt it was a Caddy. That supercharged engine gets my vote for best feature, movin' that heavy car like it was a Sunfire.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical! The alarm, the seats and mirrors, the damn brakes, the locks, everything tied into certain fuses just opted not to work, or in case of alarm, sound off at random. Had to total the car when the brakes failed and I rammed into the back of a Toyota Highlander. Broke my heart, I tell you, it had potential.

My Buick Park Avenue is in great shape
By John MacRostie

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

This car has only got 67,000 total miles and has been maintained excelently with good tires, very low oil consuption and very good appearance inside and out. I am only selling it because my wife recently passed away and I will keep her 2001 Lincoln Town car

Favorite Features

Overall appearance and performance

Suggested Improvements

Under normal conditions I would keep this Buick Park Avenue for many more years.