1991 Buick Park Avenue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Park Avenue model:
Exceptionial car for the money.
By Bud on 09/05/10 18:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

A very well made,dependable car. Has a need for injector cleaner added at times. At 93000 gear selector does not want to move at times.Will then shift into gear and work properly. Awesome gas milage at freeway speed.Driver seat should move farther back.Most car for the money.Has stood up great. I love this car,will keep it many years to come.any one looking for a good car may check out one just like this.

Amazing Gas Mileage
By Ronald on 04/09/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I've owned about 25 cars so far but never have I owned one as amazing as this one on gas! The car is heavy, somewhat slow to accelerate and doesn't feel sporty in any way. However it rides like you're on a cloud and on the highway I regularly achieve 34 mpg (at 75 mph) and have even gotten one trip at 38 mpg which is phenomenal for a car of this size and weight. Its already got 260,000 km on it but still running strong. I think the 3.8 is the best engine GM has ever produced.

I only drive Buick's
By Love my motors on 01/13/10 20:48 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

Never had a Buick that wouldn't start everytime. This is my third Buick now. It always turns over on a dime without fail. So comfortable to drive, it's like flying an airplane. Great solid indestructible engine. I've drove 20.000 miles across country in first Buick. My first Buick finally died at 299.000 miles. My current Park Avenue comes in beautiful sky blue particularly showroom quality. Great sound system, all the electronic features, I really can't say enough about how great of a car a Buick really is. Like the song goes "I've been everywhere" and it's been in a Buick. Only thing I would complain about is these cars really aren't the best on gas mileage other than this it's ultimate.

Great car
By Bud on 08/03/09 22:41 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

The Ultra is a very nice car, drives and handles great, plus good mileage. It is 18 years old, and still gets noticed as a sharp car. Mine has only 128000 kms and is near mint. The seats are not as comfortable as older GM luxury cars. These cars are great overall and a lot of car for the money. The'91 has no supercharger. So less upkeep, and uses regular gas. Still lots of power.

Overall Great Car
By jbud94 on 12/10/08 15:12 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car because I found it really cheap in classified newspapers. I thought this car was going to be one of the biggest mistakes in my life. This car was exactly the opposite of what I thought that it would be. The only thing the car needed to start was an ignition module. The only problems that I have had with the car is that the brakes needed to be repaired because when I stop at a stoplight for a while the brakes kind of move a little and release pressure. Overall this is a great car. I would reccomend the Buick name to anybody looking for a car.

One Great Car
By Dee on 10/08/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my oldest daughter for her 1st car when she was 16 (big safe car) it had 180,000 mi. She loves the car and "when it dies, I want another just like it" she says. We took it on college visits and got 36 mpg hwy! It averages 25 mpg. She is now 23 and is crying 'cause it finally let her down at 240,000 mi. Mechanic who is saying drive chain is likely culprit and will be about $900 to fix (more than the car is worth). We have had no major problems w/ this car in the 6+ years we have had it. Besides normal things like plugs & breaks. Over the years we have replaced the master cylinder, alternator, and ignition coil. That's all. Even the tires were just replaced last winter.

Sounds like a V-8
By Jasmine Shawler on 09/20/08 20:36 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been very reliable for over 5 years. The cruise control still works and the maintenence has been to the minimum. In the couple years it has been around the only things needing repaired goes as follows; windshield wipers, alternator, starter, battery, and tires and a couple spark plugs. Very reliable car something for everyone to love. I can't say gas isn't a problem but the quiet ride and smooth journey more than make up for that.

Almost got me killed, but...
By J-Man on 11/20/06 00:36 AM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, with 240hp V-6, fully pimped with every option of '91, right down to the huge mobile phone that I ripped out to put in an extra console. A hand me down from my Grandfather, I shared it with my parents often, but cleaned her up, changed some lights and the radio HU, raced it a few times, hardly ever let me down. Comfortable as hell, plush red leather seats, ambient old school lighting. It was maroon ext, too, sure miss it sometimes.

My Buick Park Avenue is in great shape
By John MacRostie on 05/01/06 21:29 PM (PDT)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

This car has only got 67,000 total miles and has been maintained excelently with good tires, very low oil consuption and very good appearance inside and out. I am only selling it because my wife recently passed away and I will keep her 2001 Lincoln Town car

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking
By Richard Moglia on 03/31/05 22:09 PM (PST)

1991 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and have put every mile on it. The engine is still strong, it still has factory compression specs! Have replaced all rotating parts (Alternator water pump, compressor) except power steering on engine once. Not bad for 260000 miles. Great car for road trip, very quiet and comfortable. Had to replace the automatic transmission at 217000.