2010 Buick Lucerne 3.9L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Unsatisfied GM customer

2010 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Review

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

CXL Sedan (3.9L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

Unsatisfied GM customer
By Judy on

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Had I know my new Lucerne was going to look like all of the other foreign cars on the road I would have bought a Ford. The gas mileage "stinks" 22.3 on a long trip, never changes. I'm sure part of that is the ethenol in the gas, but my 2010 Park Avenue was getting 30+mpg with 125,000 miles on it. I really wish I hadn't bought the car. I don't look at a car a fun to drive, a car is a necessity. The ride is not smooth - my 2001 was smooth! I'll never buy another GM product unless they improve and stop making their cars look like the foreign cars on the road. I realize they are after the younger market. I'm almost tempted to trade this in!

Favorite Features

The interior is ok.

Suggested Improvements

Better colors, different body design; better suspension system; much, much better gas mileage.
By tyler84
on 12/27/10 17:32 PM (PST)

What do you mean had you known what the car would look like?? Didn't you see it before you bought it? Even if you ordered the car this model has been out since 2006 so you have surely seen them in person. I completely agree with you that the Lucerne looks more like a Toyota than a Buick but if you don't care for that, then why did you buy the car? I had a 1999 Park Avenue and I traded it for one of the last 2005 models with 16K miles in 2008 because I don't care for the Lucerne. I will probably trade my Park Avenue for an Enclave because I still don't like the Lucerne and I like the LaCrosse even less. It is a shame Buick no longer makes a car for those of us who appreciate a traditional large American car. Sadly few still do.