Used 2010 Buick Lucerne CXL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Big drop from the Park Ave and La Sabre I've Owned
By gmckee58

2010 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Car rides well on long trips, which is what I use it for. Comfortable to ride in over long hauls. Turning radius and noise was the first things I noticed on the car. Now that it's broke in, the noises are more abundant, especially from the read and side windows.

Favorite Features

Most features in the car are easy to reach, much like the older Buick styles. Again smooth (but noisy) rides. Plenty of room inside for 5 or 6. I see comments on brakes, but I find them no different than the 2000 la Sabre I owned.

Suggested Improvements

If you're used to the older Buicks, and want something similar, this isn't the car to buy, you'll be disappointed. If you're moving up from a small car then you may appreciate the vehicle more. This car will not turn on a dime, so don't even try. I'm very disappointed in this vehicle with the "quality" that I've found in past models.

Unsatisfied GM customer
By Judy

2010 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Had I know my new Lucerne was going to look like all of the other foreign cars on the road I would have bought a Ford. The gas mileage "stinks" 22.3 on a long trip, never changes. I'm sure part of that is the ethenol in the gas, but my 2010 Park Avenue was getting 30+mpg with 125,000 miles on it. I really wish I hadn't bought the car. I don't look at a car a fun to drive, a car is a necessity. The ride is not smooth - my 2001 was smooth! I'll never buy another GM product unless they improve and stop making their cars look like the foreign cars on the road. I realize they are after the younger market. I'm almost tempted to trade this in!

Favorite Features

The interior is ok.

Suggested Improvements

Better colors, different body design; better suspension system; much, much better gas mileage.

Unsatisfied
By Marie

2010 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I recently got a rental Lucerne and it is not good. The gas mileage is bad. It has too many buttons in the inside to set things how you want them. The radio system is bad. If I had to buy one I would rather walk.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

the whole car

Noise in Front Engine Rubbing squeaking
By Bj Couch

2010 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased the 2010 Lucern had it 4 days and all of sudden the front end sounded like the traction bars or the suspension made all kinds of racket noises. After reading all the ratings I am very sorry that I purchased a Buick Lucern, I wish I went with the STS or DTS Caddy. I will track everything for possible Lemon on this car. My Aunt and Uncle has a 2007 and always complained about it, I thought they were spoiled with the Park Avenue 2001 they had and compared it to Lucern, rightly so, I think GM has a lot of problems still and this car was not and is not the GM quality that they use to have. Maybe I should have gotten a Malibu!

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the Lucern

Noise issue can't be resolved by GM
By Rick

2010 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

car has a noise/vibration coming from the front floor hump at highway speed. Dealer & GM field personnel have changed the transmission , exhaust system, motor mounts and wheel bearings. Noise is still there after 5 weeks at the dealer. GM is taking the car back to the engineering dept for evaluation. I will not be getting it back regardless. Another Lucerne (3.9) at the same dealer has the identical problem. I have asked for a replacement with the 4.6 V8 engine or a full refund. Mt recommendation was to have the NVH engineering guys identify the root cause and then have the appropriate product engineering guys fix it. I am a retired engineer and we solved issues like this in a few hours.

Favorite Features

comfort & ride. Not noise from the drive train !

Suggested Improvements

Use the correct technical support to resolve issues such as mine.